1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Replace HTC Lockscreen, an Incredible Find!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by whitewallman, Jul 17, 2010.

1. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow!
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Male
    Yewwtah!
    I, as well as many others here, appreciate your activity in these forums and your attention to the feedback/suggestions we are providing. It's not an everyday occurrence, we are lucky to have you. :)

Advertisement

mdonova33, gidget and jbdan like this.
  2. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    atl ga usa
    Absolutely +1

3. rcrott1

rcrott1 Android Enthusiast
    None

I definitely agree, I dont see too many dev's active in the threads answering questions and listening to feedback as well as you have been.

4. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Sales
    MA

sorry to interupt this great information thread but I have to say this:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!jban? Verizon is the best!!!!! period. go to a different carrier for a week and not only will you be wearing a VZW hat like Yankeeboy said but you'll also get a verizon tatoo across your forehead....

If your not on Verizon, you don't have a cell phone....PERIOD..

i want the name "verizon" everywhere on my phone.

5. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    WidgetLocker developer
    Chicago
    I want WidgetLocker to be perfect and I need all of your guidance on how to do that.

WidgetLocker 1.2 has been posted to the market! Update and tell me what you think. Lots of changes and fixes, though I still have a lot in mind for 1.3.

6. gidget

gidget Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2009
    takoma park, md
    yay! love all the fixes, love love love. where to start?

whatever you did to fix the timeout issue, it's perfect. now i can set my regular system to 2 minutes, the lockscreen to 15 seconds, and STILL my "screen on" widget works, from the widget icon on the lockscreen. it will lock the screen in wake position, no more conflict. that is so fabulous. really excited about that. thanks!

i also LOVE the custom slider! i got rid of two shortcuts on my lockscreen (camera and phone) by putting them on the slider. that was a pretty smooth idea.

i also really like how the lockscreen comes up first now on boot. even before the home screen loads, it's there. my phone is locked before it even knows where it is. fantastic.

the only thing that still doesn't work, of course, is my htc mail widget icon count. i realize this will not ever work, because it's an htc thing. this makes me sad. i've tried before to find a widget/app that just shows the unread count of your mail on the icon like the htc mail icon does, but no luck. if anyone knows of something, please tell me!

also, the weather on the htc date/weather widget still does not animate on unlock like it does with the stock slider/unlock. i believe this is because wl is an app, and the widget is a sense widget that must be set to animate whenever the stock unlock happens. so i am betting there is no way around this. it's a small thing, but i do miss my weather animation. oh, well.

i'm sure there's more, but i am still playing with it. thank you, kevin, for really taking care of your customers and trying so hard to improve the app. it's now one of the top things i love about my phone. seriously cool. (yay!)

7. gidget

None

Dec 16, 2009
    takoma park, md
    oh! and almost forgot, you fixed the volume rocker sound thing. now when you wake from volume, it doesn't make a sound the first time, only if you keep hitting it (to adjust the volume). very nice.

AND just noticed that whatever you did for the trackpad wake, it works with a single touch now every time i try it. your notes say that the incredible wasn't testing that way, that it was taking more time for it to wake, but i've been sitting here waking it up over and over with the trackpad, and it keeps waking on a single touch. so...that seems to be good to go on the inc. of course, more people need to chime in on this and corroborate. so far so good, though.

8. Squintz82

Squintz82 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Web / Graphic Designer
    Lindenhurst, NY
    New features are great so far. However, whenever I select an alternate wallpaper for the lock screen, it does not save or show up on WL. Not sure if this is a bug, or something I'm missing.

Other than that, I love this lock screen! I'm with gidget in that I need to find an alternative to the HTC mail widget since I use Microsoft Exchange mail.

9. KyleJ1012

KyleJ1012 Newbie
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    I just downloaded this app & love it. I just have 2 quick things.

1) I noticed that the animated weather issue has been discussed a few times now & was wondering if there is a fix in the works for this? (sorry if I missed it)

2) I added a custom slider to the lock screen just to test it out & now I cant figure out how to delete it. Any assistance is appreciated. :)

Thx

10. Willtrvl

Willtrvl Member
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    Just hold on to it like a widget and slide down to can.

11. KyleJ1012

KyleJ1012 Newbie
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    I actually tried that several times but it wont move down :thinking:

12. KyleJ1012

KyleJ1012 Newbie
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    Nevermind, just got it.. Apparently you can only grab the right side of the screen & pull down.

13. Willtrvl

Willtrvl Member
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    Hey thanks, It was not working for me either. But it did initially...got it
    Thanks

14. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Android Expert
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Male
    Just downloaded the new version and in the few minutes I have played with it, I am very impressed. The custom slider is sweet. I will see what else I can find tomorrow when I have time to mess with it at work!

Kevin, thank you for being a proactive dev and being part of this forum.

15. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    WidgetLocker developer
    Chicago
    Curious. I just picked up an Incredible yesterday and trackpad unlock only works for like 1 second after screen off. I'm actually glad to have a misbehaving one though.

On the Incredible? Are you using a third party Gallery program or the stock HTC one?

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to fix this. I have a few ideas but HTC's software, though beautiful, is really annoying.

Grab it in the center, between the two sliders. There's no visual indicator but that's okay.

KyleJ1012 and Jakaro like this.
  16. KyleJ1012

KyleJ1012 Newbie
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    :(:(:(

17. 06Stang

06Stang Android Enthusiast
    None

May 3, 2010
    my recommendations aren't good enough?

Ha ha great app. LOVE the update

18. gidget

None

Dec 16, 2009
    takoma park, md
    i spoke way too soon, sorry. last night, i swear it was working for me every time. this morning, not so much. not only does it take several seconds, like before, but sometimes it goes to my home screen rather than to my lockscreen. it's pretty wiggy. you don't have a wonky inc, i just had a fluke last night. oh, well. sorry to get hopes up.

19. Diabl0

Diabl0 Well-Known Member
    None

May 27, 2010
    South Central, PA

Mine is working every time. I noticed that the longer the app is up the slower the trackpad response gets. Since I just restarted the app, the trackpad is reacting quickly. We'll see how it is in a few hours.

You can add a custom slider thing? I must figure this out!

Edit: When you press and hold the trackpad after you bring up the lockscreen, it goes to your homescreen. Did it used to do this? Did I screw up a setting somewhere? I don't want the trackpad to bypass the lockscreen...

Edit again: ^disregard! I had it set that the trackpad can bypass the lockscreen. Fixed it. :)

20. rcrott1

rcrott1 Android Enthusiast
    None

LOVE the new additions, mine still takes a couple of seconds after starting the phone before the program starts, doesnt really bother me. the update is awesome, great job Kevin!

21. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 3, 2009
    Great app, but the trackpad issue exists on my Inc. Not a big deal, but hopefully will be fixed in a future update.

22. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Android Expert
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Male
    My trackpad is more spotty now than it was before the update but not a big deal, i'm so used to unlocking from the top button.

Add the custom slider the same way you add a widget. I chose not to have a slider then added the custom slider to replace it. Like Gidget, I set the left side to unlock, the center to the dialer and the right side as the camera.

I'm not sure if it's me or just my imagination but it seems like the lockscreen is more sensitive meaning the long press to move widgets happens quickly. I've moved/deleted widgets by accident a couple of times since the update.

It would be cool if the user could set the transparency of the background of the slider. I'd prefer them to be almost completely transparent, maybe with a slight outline. The rest of my widgets have transparent backgrounds, would be nice to match them up.

Diabl0 likes this.
  23. Ryobi

None

Jan 24, 2010
    NY
    I might consider this app I'd you could use sense widgets, but you can't, so no go for me.

load97 likes this.
  24. gidget

None

Dec 16, 2009
    takoma park, md
    i like the camera in the middle, because the middle button looks like a shutter opening. veddy cool. :)

and yes, my trackpad is no longer working like it did last night. i have no clue what magic i wrought last night, but i cannot replicate how it was working. i swear it was opening to the lockscreen every single time i hit the trackpad just once, it was fabulous. today, even after a reboot, it's a very long press but it's still spotty, sometimes will open to home, most of the time to lockscreen. you're right, kevin, the inc has issues with the trackpad.

ALSO, that whole magic thing last night extended to the screen timeout. i swear last night i could set the lockscreen to 15 seconds, my regular home to 2 minutes, and still the "screen on" widget would lock the screen on. however, i cannot replicate this today. so that's not exactly optimal, but at least now that you've made it so you can deselect the lockscreen timeout, i can split the difference and just make my timeout on everything 1 minute, and "screen on" DOES work WITHOUT the lockscreen's timeout selected. so that is still very good.

i guess i still face a bit of a learning curve as a beta tester. ;-)

25. gidget

None

Dec 16, 2009
    takoma park, md
    which ones would you want to use on the lockscreen? just curious, since there are replacements for some of them, like beautiful home for the clock/weather. let the dev know (here) what you want to see on the lockscreen, he's asked what widgets we would want there.