• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Replaced Framework-res.apk and now im stuc in boot

So in an attempt to solve the browser UAstring issue for good, I downloaded a modified framework.apk. Now, I backed up the original one, but instead of renaming the new apk before placing it in the system folder, I placed it within the system folder along side the original. there I renamed it and deleted the original apk and now my xoom is in a bootloop. I cannot access ADB because the deivce is not in debug im assuming. any ideas would be great, thanks...

Wow. Same thing happen to me. I renamed the original, thinking it was in memory. I was going to move the new one in place but that plan didn't work.

Rebooted into a loop. Only thing I was able to do was use Motos RSD Lite and reflash back to original. Go here: Xoom HRI39 SBF - Xoom Support/General - AllDroid Public Board. I had a long Friday afternoon.

After restoration, update, root, etc, I was able to copy and overwrite the file. BUT I don't see the effect. Some websites are still in mobile view. I even did the about:debug thing so make sure the UA string was set to Desktop.

Good luck,

Scott

Reactions: shmooze1988
Upvote 0
You absolutely don't have to SBF to get out of the boot loop. You just need to get to the recovery. You can get there by hard resetting (power button + volume up at the same time), to get to the red Motorola logo screen then push the volume down. This is a time sensitive thing. If you push the volume down too soon it'll take you to the fast boot screen where you can't do anything. But upon reboot, if you wait 2 seconds, then push the volume down, it'll give you the option to get to the recovery where you should have a backup handy.

Yes it's as simple as waiting 2 or 3 seconds to push the volume down after you see the red Motorola logo and getting to the recovery.

Reactions: novox77
Upvote 0
So in an attempt to solve the browser UAstring issue for good, I downloaded a modified framework.apk. Now, I backed up the original one, but instead of renaming the new apk before placing it in the system folder, I placed it within the system folder along side the original. there I renamed it and deleted the original apk and now my xoom is in a bootloop. I cannot access ADB because the deivce is not in debug im assuming. any ideas would be great, thanks...

If you would like to try it here's mine it has a circle battery too from the Hammerhead Tiamat rom. http://db.tt/WEeDUaH

Upvote 0
Yeah I'm on tiamats hammerhead rom too for the same reason and its not working right, not like sangreal06's framework-res file worked. That guy spoiled all of us! My Google homepage background won't fit the screen and its annoying as hell!

Ya thats definitly one of the items annoying me. I'd love to find a fix for this.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones