• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replaced my Storm 2 with DINC

rsgunther

Jul 6, 2010
Well - I've had my DINC for about 2 1/2 weeks now. My storm 2 died (the screen went out). I went thru more cell phones in the last year than I've had in my whole life (my first phone was a bag phone - many years ago).

Anyway - I got a Storm 1 around July of last year. I went thru 3 of them (various reasons, but all had to be replaced by Verizon). They upgraded me to the Storm 2 at no charge (nice Verizon). I was on my 2nd Storm 2 - and the screen quit working. That is 5 phones in less than a year.

I was very frustrated. Not only was I sick of the Blackberry (having to pull the battery a couple times a week), but now it was becoming a MAJOR issue. My phone is thru my company (business line). I'm an executive - and NEED my phone EVERY day.

Anyway, I bought the DINC (used my own funds - but it's on the company account). I have some connections - so i was able to walk into the store and buy one immediately.

This is the BEST phone I've ever owned. It has some random glitches like application crashes and etc. The great thing is - I never have to pull the battery. I just restart the application and I'm good to go.

The phone is AMAZINGLY fast, has tons of applications, and is overall a GREAT device. It really is INCREDIBLE.

There is only 1 thing missing - I wish it had a good movie rental program. I want to rent movies and download them to my phone (like my iPod touch that I sold when I got this phone).

I too was a Storm user and was amazed of how much i loved that phone. I was hesitant to buy the DINC and actually was looking into the Motorola Droid, but i didnt want to loose the Storm. I waited a couple of days for the DINC to be realeased ( 4/29 ) and once i had it in my hands i was blown away. I got so use to the battery pulls and other quarks the storm had but who knew life could be so good with the incredible. I am more then satisfied with this phone.

Sorry for carrying on, but wanted to say in know how you feel :-D

Upvote 0
I was very frustrated. Not only was I sick of the Blackberry (having to pull the battery a couple times a week), but now it was becoming a MAJOR issue. My phone is thru my company (business line). I'm an executive - and NEED my phone EVERY day.

Anyway, I bought the DINC (used my own funds - but it's on the company account). I have some connections - so i was able to walk into the store and buy one immediately.

This is the BEST phone I've ever owned. It has some random glitches like application crashes and etc. The great thing is - I never have to pull the battery. I just restart the application and I'm good to go.

The phone is AMAZINGLY fast, has tons of applications, and is overall a GREAT device. It really is INCREDIBLE.

Good luck getting your phone to stop ringing/vibrating when you're in a meeting (no mute button!) INCREDIBLY embarrassing! Other than exchange not being as UI friendly as blackberry it's a very functional and useful phone.

P.S. Get the HTC TouchPro 2 1500mAh battery and your phone will last most if not all day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones