• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replaced OG Droid with Incredible--VERY Happy

gwlaw99

Android Expert
Nov 1, 2009
Well, after dropping my near indestructible OG doid for the 50th time, it finally broke. I checked out the Thunderbolt and Charge, but wasnt that impressed with them considering I would have one of them for two years. I bought a 1 month old used incredible on craigslist and I could not be happier. The phone is fast, the screen looks great and I haven't had any problems with it at all. Rooting was super easy. I don't even have the urge to upgrade anymore. I will probably wait until just before tiered 4G pricing goes into effect to upgrade. My only complaint was that I got a tiny scratch on the screen before I could put a screen protector on. No Gorilla Glass I assume.

I just came from a LG optimus to a dinc, I started service and picked this phone. I didn't like the feel of the other phones with bigger screens, they are too wide. The phone was free and I had no use for 4g as my 3g here is fast enough.

I rooted and installed a custom Rom and this phone is very nice, there are tons of mode and for being a year old its still super fast.

Upvote 0
agreed. Im upgrading to the thunderbolt, but my incredible has such a special spot in my heart, i a still going to try to flash the newest roms as well as keep my TB up to date. I can hands down say the incredible has been the best phone i have ever owned and it peaked my interest into all things android, root, rom, and development. It's like a drug.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones