• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Replaced One S and graphics slower

grouch1961

Lurker
Aug 8, 2012
I bought a new HTC One S, but two weeks later had to swap it as a pixel was out. The first thing I noticed with the replacement was how the graphical effects on swiping, scrolling and opening were far less smooth (irritatingly so). I reset to factory settings, with no improvement, then took the phone back and asked for another. However, the new one is the same.
The shop says I'm imagining it, but it's standing out like a sore thumb to a user who appreciates smooth interfaces, and to whom the first One S was very slick. I ran Quadrant and am getting only 3578 total, but am aware that this score is open to variation, and the processor is dual core clocked at 1.5, so it's not that.
I'm at a loss what to do to convince the shop that there seems to be some One Ss that are not made equal.
Does anyone have any thoughts or advice? Or am I really just imagining things?!
Many thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones