1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Replaced Phone, new screen not so bright/white??? pics inc.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by devilsfutbol17, May 20, 2011.

1. devilsfutbol17

I took my phone into Sprint on Tuesday to get it looked at because whenever any sort of sound would come out of the ear speaker during a call, it would have a buzzing sound with it making it difficult to understand what someone is saying. I had the sales rep check it out and he verified the noise and ended up getting them to send me a new one.

Well the replacement phone arrived today, I don't think its a new phone because the little box it came in says on it "Sprint Certified Replacement." Anyways, I have been comparing it with my original Evo and my original seems to have a whiter(spelling) back light to it. My replacement seems to have like an almost yellow back light.

Question:
    1. What would cause this? Can this be fixed/adjusted?
    Info:
    -Original is rooted with Fresh.
    -The brightness on both phones are at maximum values.
    -Both phones are using the same screen protector but a new one is on the replacement phone

Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

no cure for the brightness that i can think of other then a sprint technician or another refurbished evo. i have a refurb and no problem here so far. but you never know with them. i would take it in and complain.

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i actually do remember reading that article a while back. your phone is a refurbished one so it could be from that build. i would still complain about it. show them your screen shots and complain. just my two cents. not sure what else you can do. i have a refurbished one and i do not have that issues.

4. devilsfutbol17

Yeah I took it in and a couple of them had Evos and they compared them and thiers all looked like my refurb one and they said the screen looked better on the refurb one. We then compared my old phone and refurb phone to the one on display and my old phone was exactly the same as the display one which has been there since the release of the phone. Oh well, I'm just going to have to get over it. Time to root this thing.

5. _Epic

_Epic Well-Known Member

You should see if the store, if they have a repair center, will switch your old screen to the new device. I actually have done this for a few people for this issue. It couldn't hurt to ask.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews