• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Replaced USB Port, still inconsistent charging

paperdesk

Lurker
Nov 13, 2013
My wife's Droid Incredible 2 just starting having charging issues. It wouldn't charge unless I flexed the cable firmly upward toward the screen. As soon as I let go it would stop charging. I figured the usb port was bad, and replaced it. However, the new port does exactly the same thing. Anyone else run into this problem?

Ted

I've been working on this some more, and it seems very unlikely that the new usb port would be faulty in exactly the same way as the original. so I'm thinking that it is a problem with the a connection to the main board. In an attempt to tighten the USB Port ribbon connection I put some tape on the bottom of the ribbon where it plugs into the connector. This didn't fix the problem, but it is better than before. Meanwhile, I've ordered a charging back and mat as a workaround. Still open to ideas!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones