• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replacement Batteries?

tonytx42

Jul 24, 2013
Anybody know what the expected timeline is for LG to start selling a replacement battery (if they will)? I love that the V20 comes with a swappable battery. I'm sure there are plenty of 3rd-party batteries already available, but I'd rather stick with an OEM battery if possible. Standard size is fine--I don't need some 9000 mAH monster on my phone.

Reactions: notacoach
So there is a kit out already posted on Amazon - I almost bought it, but couldn't find notice of it on the LG site.

basically spare battery with charging box for 99 or so.

thought it was a tick steep but then I can't find one elsewhere either. figure in a few months it will pop out and come down in price. charging box looks nice - you have to supply a cable and brick though - easy peasy.

Upvote 0
Ebay has a number of LG kits for around $55. Battery, cradle, case. They SAY it's LG and photos appear to be LG. Ship from S. Korea. I ordered one and should arrive Monday.

Mine arrived two days ago. Definitely LG packaging. It works great. Charging, battery, and plastic battery case for $55 shipped from South Korea. The battery even has the identical design on tne back.

Upvote 0
With my V10, I never needed to carry the spare. I kept it at home because if the phone died, it was late in the day when I did a swap. With the V20, it sounds like I would rarely need to swap. I hope. :)
I plan on getting a battery and a charger one day mostly because I want to always have a good battery. I figure in a year or so of use it will lose capacity and I'll want a new battery anyway.

Upvote 0
I bought a battery replacement kit on EBay which consisted of the battery, the charger to encase it in and a case to store the battery in..no cord was included ..get a type c cord that is compatible or use the cord that came with v20..the kit is a LG product and seems original enough ..it was delivered in 2 days..I don't mind at all having another 3200mah battery..but a 4000mah replacement or backup would have been really sweet !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones