1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Replacement battery HTC Hero questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kuba.g, Oct 21, 2010.

1. kuba.g

kuba.g Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Hello,

I am wanting to buy a replacement battery for my HTC Hero and I have some questions.

• Are HTC Sprint batteries compatible with the European (GSM) version of HTC Hero? If not, how should I search for a compatible battery on eBay?
    • Can I trust eBay sellers who sell the original(?) OEM RHOD160 for just $10/piece?
    • Are there any drawbacks to using aftermarket batteries instead of original HTC stuff?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Advertisement

2. kuba.g

kuba.g Member

Oct 21, 2010
    I have already found out that the Sprint battery isn't the same as the Hero battery.

How should I look for a replacement battery on eBay to make sure it will be compatible?

3. nedamdam

nedamdam Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Internet Marketing
    Slovakia
    Well I have the mugen Li-pol one :) . And I dotn complain but since I rooted and have custom rom cant tell you its better :p . To the 10 dollar pieces. Well are you buying a huge one or just a replacement?

Just a thought (look on amazon for reviews and there is the original one even cheap) but the original should be about 40 I guess so if you get a 2x 10 dollar pieces one should be ok :p . Just look on reviews etc.

And compatible, well keyword is GSM hero :) . It should be in the description.
    Oh and since you write in dollars. Am not sure if you have a sprint hero or gsm one. Clarify this pls.

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    A lot of Chinese sellers will refer to it as a G3, for some reason. Still, I'd go for something specifically labelled as GSM.

5. kuba.g

kuba.g Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Thanks guys! I ordered two aftermarket Chinese $8 batteries (1350mAh). The Mugen one seemed a bit too expensive for me.

6. kuba.g

kuba.g Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Just to let you know, I have received them and the Chinese batteries do work, although they give me ~60% the battery power of the original battery. That's fine with me for $8 :)

Tags: