• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replacement battery HTC Hero questions

kuba.g

Oct 21, 2010
Hello,

I am wanting to buy a replacement battery for my HTC Hero and I have some questions.

• Are HTC Sprint batteries compatible with the European (GSM) version of HTC Hero? If not, how should I search for a compatible battery on eBay?
  • Can I trust eBay sellers who sell the original(?) OEM RHOD160 for just $10/piece?
  • Are there any drawbacks to using aftermarket batteries instead of original HTC stuff?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Well I have the mugen Li-pol one :) . And I dotn complain but since I rooted and have custom rom cant tell you its better :p . To the 10 dollar pieces. Well are you buying a huge one or just a replacement?

Just a thought (look on amazon for reviews and there is the original one even cheap) but the original should be about 40 I guess so if you get a 2x 10 dollar pieces one should be ok :p . Just look on reviews etc.

And compatible, well keyword is GSM hero :) . It should be in the description.
Oh and since you write in dollars. Am not sure if you have a sprint hero or gsm one. Clarify this pls.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones