• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Replacement battery...

Upvote 0
I know the advertisement says 1500 mAh, but when I got mines on the mail, it said 1600 mAh. Took about 5 days to arrives from California to Michigan. Just remember to charge the battery with their charger for about 4-6 hours before using it in the phone. I charged it all the way, then replaced it with the OEM one, it displayed 98% even though the charger they sent me said charge FULL, so I connected the phone to charge till I had 100%. Took it off, now it's been 2 whole days and it's 48% right now.

EDIT// for some reason, the link isn't working. Here's the ID#, just put this in eBay's search engine: 170598934849

Upvote 0
Seems too good to be true...

Without listing exactly how the phone is being used during these "tests", it's meaningless. Testing a battery really isn't that hard, but I'm afraid all we're going to get are these sort of testimonials based on huge variations in testing methology.

I like it to be true - this magic battery - absolutely! I'm just... skeptical. If someone can post an objective comparison test I'd buy one in a second.

Upvote 0
My phone's acting fine. No harm done.

Okay, seriously, either post a legitimate review of battery or don't post anything. You claim you ordered the 1500mah and got a 1600mah battery, yet you didn't show photos. People expressed responses with legitimate concerns, aftermarket batteries OFTEN leak\explode\expand causing damage, and those are the concerns they're expressing, none of which you're qualified to reply to yet as you've had the battery for a DAY.

Additionally, many times chinese imported cheap batteries will post whatever mah rating they want. So they take a 1200 mah battery, print 1600mah on it so they can sell a bunch. Prove it's 1600mah... and if it's not, what are you going to do? Unfortunately there's no oversight board, and that's why people are relying on word of mouth testimonial, but I wish you'd do an objective review, or none at all. Clearly you bought it so you're going to defend it, that's fine, but defend it with tests and results.

Upvote 0
Okay, seriously, either post a legitimate review of battery or don't post anything. You claim you ordered the 1500mah and got a 1600mah battery, yet you didn't show photos. People expressed responses with legitimate concerns, aftermarket batteries OFTEN leak\explode\expand causing damage, and those are the concerns they're expressing, none of which you're qualified to reply to yet as you've had the battery for a DAY.

Additionally, many times chinese imported cheap batteries will post whatever mah rating they want. So they take a 1200 mah battery, print 1600mah on it so they can sell a bunch. Prove it's 1600mah... and if it's not, what are you going to do? Unfortunately there's no oversight board, and that's why people are relying on word of mouth testimonial, but I wish you'd do an objective review, or none at all. Clearly you bought it so you're going to defend it, that's fine, but defend it with tests and results.

And just what test do you recommend? I think its a little unreasonable for someone to be required to purchase expensive electrical test equipment in order to put a post on this site.

I bought the battery and will test it in my phone, for $30 who cares if it doesnt work.

Upvote 0
And just what test do you recommend? I think its a little unreasonable for someone to be required to purchase expensive electrical test equipment in order to put a post on this site.

I bought the battery and will test it in my phone, for $30 who cares if it doesnt work.

Not looking for a technical analysis, just something a little more than "it fits in my phone" like the poster said, haha.

Which did you buy? The seller that he said he got a 1600mah that was labeled 1500mah on the auction no longer is selling them

Upvote 0
The same seller has more batteries with the same "specs." They are all about $30 on ebay. I am concerned about the quality, so on work days I will use the battery that came with the phone. When I am out playing in the mountains I will take both in my backpack. I dont have a problem with battery ordinarily, but when I am skiing in the backcountry or hunting then I tend to use GPS and such and burn more battery.

Quantitative testing does in fact require equipment and a control. Anything other than that is qualitative.

Upvote 0
The same seller has more batteries with the same "specs." They are all about $30 on ebay. I am concerned about the quality, so on work days I will use the battery that came with the phone. When I am out playing in the mountains I will take both in my backpack. I dont have a problem with battery ordinarily, but when I am skiing in the backcountry or hunting then I tend to use GPS and such and burn more battery.

Can you provide a link? I can't find them. eBay makes it so hard to find US sellers anymore, haha

Upvote 0
1500MAH Battery+WALL Dock Charger HTC Inspire 4G 4 G US - eBay (item 320656602522 end time Mar-14-11 16:38:25 PDT)

Okay, the link works now, must have had something to do with posting a link from "My Ebay."

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This link works.

This one doesn't.

HAHA, that's the same seller I ordered my battery for when I had my last phone! They said they ship from the US, but yet when you get the package it's DHL globalmail from hong kong. VERY shady as many of their feedbacks have said.

Screw that, if I'm going to order from HK it should be $15 or less. I don't trust the crap I've ordered from over there, I'll wait till seideo or someone reputable comes along with a battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones