1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Replacement battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jon_LTD, May 15, 2012.

1. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Hi all,

As I've all had my Desire for a short while now and, dare I say, heavily used, my battery does seem to be not as good as once it was. I dare say I have some apps which consume it's fair share of juice etc, but I want to get a replacement to see if I can get a few more hours out of it as it barely lasts a day (with some rationed usage towards the end).
    Looking on Amazon, I am not overly convinced by the shaky reviews etc. Where did you guys buy your replacements from? And did you notice any more longevity?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Really? Nobody has bought a second battery?

3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

I did. I read the battery bought as a spare was a better quality than the one supplied with the desire.

It wasn't. I ran it down once (about 18 months ago) and it never performed well so put it in a drawer and forgot about it.

Couple of weeks ago decided to properly calibrate it as my original seemed crap. The barely used but still old battery does seem to have improved things marginally.

I wanted to get it off play.com but they stopped selling it. Took a risk and bought one from ebay. Luckily it turned out to be genuine

4. saltire

saltire Android Expert

Was going to order one from here but decided just to stick with original as due upgrade in a few months now anyway. Cheapest i could find that looked gen.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I did that, but it's on its way back - neither voltage nor temperature sensors work, so either very unlucky or it isn't genuine.

6. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Hmm - I might take a punt and report back. I'll let you guys know.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews