1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Replacement Battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mich3lam, Dec 22, 2012.

1. mich3lam

mich3lam Lurker

I have a Galaxy S3 device, I am thinking of buying an replacement battery (4800mpa). My question is, if it's safe. Can the battery damage my device it self by sending wrong power/voltages or what ever?

Thank you,
    Michel

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

The answer is: it depends. Extended batteries are generally safe, but don't just buy the cheapest one you can find. There are cheap knock offs that can cause problems. Buy from a reputable seller and you should be ok. Just use common sense.

3. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

4. mich3lam

mich3lam Lurker

Well, I'd prefer eBay, Problem is - They do not ship to Israel.

Edit:
    Oh, and I noticed MPJ has a site selling products. Made it quite more reliable for me. Isn't it?

5. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

I always look at Amazon.com, and check the reviews for the batteries, I have a pretty cheap one i got from there and it works well..

And as other members have suggest I am going to move this to the Galaxy S3 forum so you can get some answers straight from the source!

6. mich3lam

mich3lam Lurker

Well, I Googled a little bit and found some good reviews on the MPJ one. I am getting it and we'll see how it turns to be...

7. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

Also note that if you use NFC it may not work with this battery. I did not see anything referring to the NFC antenna which is in the OEM battery.

8. mich3lam

mich3lam Lurker

I do not need any NFC support, I do not use the feature. I am going to use the normal battery in daily use. I am getting the extended one for long buses drive, trains, etc..

9. snilloconator

snilloconator Well-Known Member

10. mich3lam

mich3lam Lurker

I wanted to get the Hyperion so bad, I couldn't because Amazon does not ship to Israel. And, the only seller on eBay, also does not ship to Israel... :(

(Lithium batteries are not allowed to be shipped internationally off United States or something like that..)

11. vikki

vikki Member

I just got Mophie juice pack from Best Buy for $60. Works great and works with your existing battery. Comes with a 2300 mAh battery.

KOLIO likes this.
  12. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

That's a great price.

Were you able to get it in BLACK @ that price, or, is it for the WHITE model only, as listed on BEST BUYS' website?

Either way, it's still a great deal, THX for sharing this w/us! :D

13. Maritzay

Maritzay Lurker

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Android Enthusiast

15. vikki

vikki Member

I'm not sure, I went inside the store and told them about the price on the website and they gave it to me at the sale price on the web site.

16. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

You don't know the color of the case?

Just asking, because there is a substantial price difference between the two (BLACK & WHITE).

17. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Android Enthusiast

Just remember that in the S3 the antennae for the NFC is inside the battery so if you get an extra battery get one that has the antennae in it. Even if you don't use NFC now you most likely will at some point with all the wireless transactions (Google wallet) and photo transfers (S beam etc.) taking place.

Most likely you can find one with the NFC antennae in it for about the same price as one without.

I have a second battery for when I travel. So nice to not have to worry about charging your phone up on airplanes and hotels.

18. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Aftermarket batteries are hit/miss. Some people love their Hyperion, mine overheated and killed itself.

19. mich3lam

mich3lam Lurker

After what period of time?

20. vikki

vikki Member

When I bought it last week, there was only one left in the store where I went. I bought the white. I don't know if the price applies to the black. You can see at the local stores like I did or check online. Sorry I only was interested in the white.

21. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Already got one(BLACK),direct from MOPHIE.

Was hoping for others that they may be able to get either one @ the lower price.

Even @ $59.99(vs $99.99 MSRP),most people will hesitate to get one.

22. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

A couple of weeks.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews