• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Replacement bezels?

D-REW

Lurker
Jun 15, 2010
Sadly I just dropped my Samsung Vibrant. However, the glass didnt shatter and everything else works fine. The only thing is that the silver bezel is all scratched up :( . I am wondering if anyone knows a website where I can purchase a replacement bezel. I also tried contacting Samsung about ordering a bezel from them and currently they have no parts at all for the Vibrant. I also searched around the web and noticed that you can get a whole replacement screen for the phone for just $65, but still not luck on the damn bezel.

Sadly I just dropped my Samsung Vibrant. However, the glass didnt shatter and everything else works fine. The only thing is that the silver bezel is all scratched up :( . I am wondering if anyone knows a website where I can purchase a replacement bezel. I also tried contacting Samsung about ordering a bezel from them and currently they have no parts at all for the Vibrant. I also searched around the web and noticed that you can get a whole replacement screen for the phone for just $65, but still not luck on the damn bezel.

Or you could hide the damaged bezel behind the Tmobile gel case:
IMG_4271a.jpg

This is the second time I've heard about a bezel damaged in a dropped phone. One of big reasons I chose the Tmoble gel case, it protects the bezel.

Upvote 0

a whole replacement screen for 65 bucks? no way! can you provide the link. this includes the actual super amoled screen?

Upvote 0
thats the case i currently roll. waiting for the SGP slider to be back in stock. the body glove one is no glove. its a blasted brick >_< the stupid belt clip doohickey works as a makeshift kickstand but otherwise its ass. makes the phone way to heavy lol.

The clip is removable on the Body Glove case. That SGP slider is definitely slick.
SGP_Ultra_Slider_Series_Galaxy_S.jpg

SGP_Ultra_Slider_WH_Galaxy_S_Demo.jpg

Upvote 0
Here's a gel case in a cool color that would probably work:
Rearth_Ringke_Samsung_Galaxy_S_KIWI.jpg

Model : Silicone Case for Samsung Galaxy S
Manufacturer : Rearth - Ringke
Condition : Brand new
Color : Kiwi
The Ringke cover is now available for the Samsung Galaxy S ! A super-slim design outfitted with a charming new look. The cover is designed to perfectly match the Galaxy S. Rearth's team focused on every detail to insure perfect compatibility of the design and function for the Galaxy S, to guarantee a snug fit without inhibiting the use of each button's function.
Traditional covers use plastic or silicone covers, while Ringke uses surface etching and high polymer coating technology on top of the silicone material that makes the case soft to the touch, but resistant to scratches and scrapes.

Upvote 0
This is a old thread but maybe someone will benifit from this reply. I've found a supplier for the chrome bezels. You have to order a min. order of (2), and they are 16.99 ea, plus shipping. comes out to a little under 50.00. I ordered two, not knowing the extent of replacing this simple piece on the phone. You have to completely tear down the phone, including heating up the screens adheasive to remove it from the bezel.

If someone orders these and tries to replace the bezel, please let me know on a scale from 1-10 (one being easy and ten being a pain in the arse) how hard it was for you, and how much knowledge and experience you already have with cell phones. Ive only taken apart one phone in my life (moto slvr) to replace the whole housing, and one button didnt work after that. So I am a little hesitant on taking this one apart due to the nature of the teardown...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones