1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support replacement charge, but no apps coming back

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by boatman, Jun 8, 2011.

1. boatman

boatman Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    I moved from a d2g to the charge, and my apps didn't come over. I had to replace the charge, and the apps that I re downloaded to the original charge didn't come back over to the new charge.

When I moved from my og droid to the d2g, all my apps magically appeared (thank you android).

Why is this not happening with the charge?

Advertisement

2. GunnerJim

GunnerJim Well-Known Member
    None

May 28, 2011
    Tech
    Washington State
    Are you talking paid apps or free apps? I have had my paid apps show up in the market as purchased and then I could re-download and install. But never my free apps. You can use back-up apps and restore with them later, but I have never been able to do what you are describing with my HTC/LG/Samsung Android phones. I would love to hear if someone else had this experience, maybe it was part of Motorola's Motoblur that made that possible between the OG Droid 1 and the D2G?

3. boatman

boatman Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    I am mostly talking about free apps. This was the always the case with my free apps on the og droid moving to 2 different d2gs.

4. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    to be sure, youve got the 'back up my data' and 'account restore' checked on the privacy tab in settings?

5. summamd

summamd Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 21, 2010
    did you try running the verizon back up agent app? I think that will restore everything but you have to log in with a pin first I think. I don't think it happens automatically.

6. coronabill

coronabill Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2010
    Riverbank, CA
    You can go to the web version of google market https://market.android.com (via your computer) and it will show you all the apps you have installed. You can then send them (install) them to your device. It is keyed off the google ID so if you used the same ID on all phones you should see all the apps you have downloaded/installed to all your phones...