1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Replacement D2 missing a couple shortcuts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twin_57103, Jun 1, 2011.

1. twin_57103

twin_57103 Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    I had to have my D2 replaced by insurance after dropping it. It's not the default VZW insurance but ProtectCell...in any case, got the exact same phone, activated, had some hassles restoring my contacts, the usual.

It came with four direct dials ready to assign, and I got them set up. I want to add another, and it doesn't seem to have this in the Android widgets menu like my my previous phone. I can do it with Folder Organizer Lite, but prefer the regular android shortcuts; I want two taps to dial (single tap = accidental calls), but without picking from several numbers on a contact shortcut. I know it's picky, but I don't care for voice commands, and need something simple for the car, without making accidental calls (i.e. Folder Organizer shortcut has no second tap to confirm).

Also, I'd like to assign the double tap home button to recent apps (I'd done this on the previous phone), but it doesn't seem to be an option?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. twin_57103

twin_57103 Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
  3. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Yeah, I recently purchased the D2 for my wife and I immediately noticed that some of the standard shortcuts aren't available. The two big ones that she used all the time were direct dial and email inbox shortcuts (1x1). I tried asking here in this thread but got no answers so I really think it can't be done unless we find some app to do it:
    http://androidforums.com/droid-2-support-troubleshooting/328810-shortcut-pop3-inbox.html

Folder organizer is what I use for her direct dial shortcuts--still no solution for the pop3 inbox shortcut unless I use an outside email app like k9 which I'm just to lazy to set up.

4. twin_57103

twin_57103 Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    dgold82, thanks for the reply. It seems strange that it has disappeared from an identical phone (my previous D2 had these options). I have Yahoo mail as an app - don't know which provider your wife uses, but they might have dedicated apps?