1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Replacement DHD Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by david240968, Nov 13, 2010.

1. david240968

david240968 Member

Oct 24, 2010
    i have had my dhd for about 3 weeks now and the sim cover has never fitted properly and now its getting very loose. i phoned vodafone earlier and they agreed to replace straight away and are sending a new one via courier on tuesday. my current dhd is unlocked and unbranded and i told vodafone i will not accept a locked or branded phone. my question really is am i being unfair on vodafone by demanding unlocked and unbranded and what are my chances of this actually happening. also if vodafone cannot supply a phone as requested what are my rights to refuse and request an altenative handset.
    sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for your help. :)

Advertisement

2. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Newcastle, England
    Were you promised an unlocked / unbranded handset before you ordered from Vodafone. If so, do you have any proof of this...

If the answer to either is no, you probably don't have a leg to stand on.

3. david240968

david240968 Member

Oct 24, 2010
    no to both but an unlocked handset is what i have at the moment and dont want to loose it due to shoddy build quality thats not my fault.

4. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Newcastle, England
    Totally understand your concerns, I'd be exactly the same but they didn't promise you an unlocked/unbranded handset. You can't demand one. What you had first time round is immaterial.

5. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Newcastle, England
    If it's branded perhaps swap the sim cover and send them the branded one back..... Then deny all knowledge of anything improper - ahem!