• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Replacement Digitizer not working on Samsung i8160

A

Android Question

Hi, I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 i8160 which had a cracked LCD screen. I purchased a replacement and a spare digitizer (Just in case) and installed it. The LCD works fine but the old digitizer stopped working. I figured I must have broken it taking it out, which is why I got the spare one. However, that doesn't work either. I have checked the ribbon connection, made sure the white lines were aligned properly, even tried un-aligning them, but nothing. I have no expertise in this area so be gentle with me. Any help would be gratefully received.

Welcome to the site. I don't know much about the Ace, but if all your ducks were aligned and you still are having issues, then I would simply take it to the repair shop, they might be able to resolve it quickly and notice if something it missing. Kudos for giving it a shot, and no harm was done, it was worth trying out, I think it might be something simple and might not be a lost cause just yet. Hopefully someone in the Ace section will be able to see if you missed something, cheers and good luck. ;)

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Welcome to the site. I don't know much about the Ace, but if all your ducks were aligned and you still are having issues, then I would simply take it to the repair shop, they might be able to resolve it quickly and notice if something it missing. Kudos for giving it a shot, and no harm was done, it was worth trying out, I think it might be something simple and might not be a lost cause just yet. Hopefully someone in the Ace section will be able to see if you missed something, cheers and good luck. ;)
Unfortunately, repair shop isn't an option due to funds, so I'm going to have to keep searching until I either fix it, or I can get a free upgrade.
One thing I was wondering though, might it be a firmware issue. I very much doubt that the replacement was an actual Samsung, as I got it on eBay, and I know other makes of phones need the firmware fiddled with. I don't know, but it was a thought.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones