• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Replacement DINC has 1/2 the RAM?!

MarkyD

Mar 19, 2010
ok, this is really strange. I use Advanced Task Killer. I know, I know. I know all the arguments against it, but it works really well for me. That said, when you open the program it shows how much free RAM there is. STOCK, fresh install (wiped to be certain), it's showing 76MB RAM free.

The other one I just sent back was over 200MB free after boot. Something isn't right. The phone feels super slow in comparison, too. Any ideas? The first phone I got as a replacement had an even worse pink hue, and now this, the second, seems to have some sort of issue where it's not seeing all the RAM. Ideas?

Maybe you received an iPhone 4 as a replacement?

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Hope that it's just a bug or maybe a defunct phone. Maybe you got a bad phone as a replacement?

I use System Panel. It shows more apps/processes that APK. I used to use APK before I found this little gem. I suggest you give it a shot, kill all apps, and see how your memory is.

Upvote 0
but two bad phones in a row? the first replacement had all of the problems people have been reporting. every single one.

I should have just kept the freakin' first one.

I apologize but I haven't had any of the problems that people are speaking of (pardon my ending of a sentence with a preposition). I do have some breaking up of phone calls but I usually attribute that to a locomotive being next to me when I'm on the phone.

Exactly how much memory do you have after a reboot? What apps are you putting on the phone? I wish I had more advice but my phone isn't as "hinkey" as some people's phones...

Upvote 0
I apologize but I haven't had any of the problems that people are speaking of (pardon my ending of a sentence with a preposition). I do have some breaking up of phone calls but I usually attribute that to a locomotive being next to me when I'm on the phone.

Exactly how much memory do you have after a reboot? What apps are you putting on the phone? I wish I had more advice but my phone isn't as "hinkey" as some people's phones...

74MB free after a fresh wipe, with no apps but the stock apps. argh!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones