1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Replacement for charging cable.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shimeon, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Shimeon

Shimeon Newbie

Is there anywhere I can get the original charging cable that comes with the S7? First day I got the phone, and my cat chewed the hell out of it...can't get her not to feast upon my wires -_-

Or is there any better option than the orifinal cable?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Also:
    Make the cord distasteful. Spray or wipe down cords with something distasteful to the cat. There are commercial product solutions and homemade solutions. If making your own, consider using such things as hot sauce; lavender oil; a homemade citrus or vinegar paste; garlic, cayenne pepper, Vicks, dish soap, lime juice,or chili oil or paste. Some people use a light coating of sports ointments (the really strong menthol sort) or deodorant . Be sure to let the applied substance dry completely before re-plugging the cord into the wall and you'll need to reapply homemade fixes periodically. Avoid using anything salty because cats love licking salt

bcrichster likes this.
  3. Shimeon

Shimeon Newbie

Will this 5 pack's cables work as well as the original one? Is there variation in data transfer and charging speed from various cables? Is the fit always the same or will some of them tend to create wear in the phone's microUSB input? Would all cables work for fast charging?

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Cable will do the same job as it is a 20AWG USB micro cable. I might add that the connectors on either end of the cable are quality. Do know you must have a 20AWG USB micro cable and a fast charger adapter together if you want fast charging. You also need to go to settings on your S7 and turn on fast charging. Do know that all 5 cab;es on the 5 pack I linked to are the same except for their lengths.

5. Shimeon

Shimeon Newbie

Damn...they aren't available for Canadian buyers. Do you have an alternative I could get in Canada? ... I can't find those on amazon.ca ...

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

7. Shimeon

Shimeon Newbie

Thanks, just ordered them!

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews