1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Replacement for Google Play Music?!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Dylan Volk, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Dylan Volk

Dylan Volk Lurker

For some reason Google decided to axe their Play Music app, assuring us that we can find "all the features we love" in the YouTube Music app. There's just one problem with that - YouTube Music lacks almost every single feature that Google Play Music had!

There is no way to search your own library, there is no way to view songs you have downloaded on the app alongside songs you stream. The functionality is completely unworkable and not a replacement for Google Play Music whatsoever.

Can anyone show me a way to still get Google Play Music or recommend me an app in which you can view songs added to your library from streaming alongside mp3's native to your phone?

designshift2 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

I use BeatsMusic from LineageOS.. works wonderful and is a great no cost, ad free alternative to Play Music any day.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/lineageos/lineageos-music-2/music-5-3-0-release/

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Trom

Trom Android Enthusiast

I don't stream music, but VLC player has been around for Linux since Noah was a seaman apprentice, and is still being updated for Android now as well. It's a completely free app, might see if that'll do the trick for you.

PitCarver, MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  4. drois2

drois2 Newbie

Try Poweramp Music Player

PitCarver likes this.
  5. designshift2

designshift2 Newbie

Try audiofy maybe be helpful.

6. Dylan Volk

Dylan Volk Lurker

Spotify does not display MP3's native to your phone alongside streaming results.

7. Dylan Volk

Dylan Volk Lurker

Is that a streaming service that also displays native MP3's alongside streaming results?

8. Dylan Volk

Dylan Volk Lurker

That's not a streaming service with a full library

9. Dylan Volk

Dylan Volk Lurker

Is that a streaming service that also displays native MP3's alongside streaming results?

10. Dylan Volk

Dylan Volk Lurker

11. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

No streaming, just music player without ads. Plays music in many formats from internal storage and/or sdcard. Was integrated into Lineage OS for several years

12. Dylan Volk

Dylan Volk Lurker

But that's not a replacement for Google Play Music :/

13. mikedt

mikedt 你好

QQ Music does that, that's what I use sometimes, however it's only available here in China. If there's anything else, I don't know.