1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Replacement for iTunes after moving to Samsung from iPhone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MartinG1001, Sep 27, 2018.

1. MartinG1001

MartinG1001 Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2018
    I have just moved to Android from IOS and have successfully transferred all my music and playlists from my old iPhone to the new S9.
    I'm looking for recommendations to replace iTunes.
    I would like to upload individual songs (mp3 normally but I can convert to other formats) from my mac to the Samsung and the get the songs into a playlist on the phone.
    I've tried
    - Dr.Fone but I'm not sure which bits of the full suite I need (It's quite expensive to get all of it!)
    - Coolmuster which lost an entire playlist and I can't get it back
    - Kies which can't find my phone
    - Android File Transfer which works but is a bit long-winded
    Any recommendations please?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    The DoubleTwist music player provides iTunes playlist sync, but I'd not be surprised if it only syncs them with that app (I last used it in 2010). I don't really use playlists, and don't manage them on a computer, so can't really suggest anything else from experience.

3. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 4, 2010
    Male
    I use iSyncr for Mac which is an app you download onto your Mac. It duplicates your iTunes playlists and enables you to sync them wirelessly to your phone (provided your computer and phone are on the same wifi network). This does take a long the first time you do it but after that it only looks for changes which speeds up the process massively.

4. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Since you have successfully transferred your music library to your S9, you don't necessarily need a file transfer app/service at this point but rather some sort of common music manager for both your Mac and your phone. (... and as a side note, Samsung stopped active support for Kies a while ago and is now using 'Smart Switch' as its recommended backup/transfer/update utility.) Unfortunately there is no iTunes app for Android as Apple won't allow it so going by your query, if you want to have both your Mac and your S9 to continuously share a common music library, you might want to give some thought into installing something like the Google Play Music application on your Mac and use that instead.
    https://www.googleplaymusicdesktopplayer.com/#!

(dated article)
    https://lifehacker.com/google-music-for-mac-is-a-standalone-player-with-media-1530086473