1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Replacement glass for GS3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wooky69, Jun 23, 2013.

1. wooky69

wooky69 Android Enthusiast

Hi all. I've managed to break the glass on my GS3 and am looking to replace it. The screen still works but just has a big crack in the glass, I've been told that it's hard to replace but then came across the page below on ebay and it looks straight forward.

Has anyone here done this that can advise if it's really as easy as it looks here.

Genuine Original Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Blue Front Glass Replacement UK Seller | eBay

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

I honestly don't know wooky.
    After my last attempt at replacing the glass on an HTC Evo, and failing, I am all the more leery of doing it again on any device. :(
    But that's just me.
    Personally, if I had to replace my glass, I would try to find and pay someone to do it :)
    Again, that's just me.

If I really wanted to do it myself, as you are, try to look up many videos of how people do it...perhaps you have already done so, but the more informed you are, the better.
    And different videos may give a slightly different view of the procedure for ya:)

Good Luck and post back on how it went for you:)

3. jengler77

jengler77 Member

Wooky, I advise you to do some more research. I did a lot of watching videos and reading forums. I still destroyed my phone. Don't just do the glass, get the one with the touch screen attached. Other option, 180 bucks to let Samsung fix it, parts, labor, and shipping. Just my advice though.

Below is the kind of part you want to look for, NOT just the glass. I just randomly grabbed an image so you have an idea.

[​IMG]

4. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

Also be very careful not to get it too hot or touch the Digitizer as it can be damaged while replacing the Glass.

5. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Android Expert

A co-worker broke his screen within a few days and we watched a few videos. After seeing how hard it is to remove the old glass he said "screw this"
    All the local repair shops wanted $150 which is what his asurion deductible costs. He let asurion replace it.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews