• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Replacement Glass?

awhite91

Feb 12, 2011
Whitney, Texas
Hey Thrive owners! I'm a native to the LG Esteem forums but showing my face here because I have a situation. A friend has offered me his 16GB Thrive with a cracked screen. It works fine otherwise except for the screen being a bit unresponsive (due to the cracked glass??). I've looked on the net and the only place I've found a replacement is at National Parts Depot for a few bucks shy of $200. I'd like to find it cheaper than that.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Reactions: 70363c1413
Found a replacement top assembly for $150 on Impact Computers but after totaling everything up between the $150 he wants for the tablet and the $150+other costs for the assembly and my labor, it would be just as much for a refurbished or used/working Thrive off of eBay without the hassle of replacing the screen. Whatever Thrive I obtain will ultimately be used for a business so it would be more cost effective to spend money for a fully-working ready to go unit.

Thanks for the reply Derek and I hope to see the Thrive section again soon!

P.S. Here's the link to Impact Computers for the stray internet wanderer who may happen upon this topic and need it.

H000036130 - Top Case Assembly

Upvote 0
I got my replacement glass here:

H000036130 - Toshiba Thrive AT105-T108 Tablet Top Case Assembly Touch Screen Replacement Glass

I actually have the 32GB Thrive and purchased that one without realizing the PN has the 8GB model. Turns out that it's compatible for all the Thrives. The price is $179, but comes brand new AND GENUINE! I heard there are fakes going around now (china made for around $100-130, so I definitely didn't want to take a chance.

I followed this write up:
[HOW TO] Teardown, Rebuild & Replace A Toshiba Thrive Screen - YouTube

And the install was seamless. Good video. Good luck replacing the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones