1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

replacement keyboards

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by bigDasu83, Jan 10, 2012.

1. bigDasu83

bigDasu83 Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Are there any keyboard replacements that don't collect personal data I want a different keyboard but I don't want any account and personal data stolen what's out there I can trust

Advertisement

2. snapcase

snapcase Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    Swype is trustworthy... It does collect anonymous usage data, but it's well obviously anonymous, and they don't go stealing your passwords and stuff like that. It's all spelled out in their EULA.

In fact, I'd hazard a guess that any of the extremely popular keyboards out right now could be trusted. If they were stealing folks account info people wouldn't be using them. People, and especially people in the Android community tend to notice when things behave badly.

3. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 10, 2011
    No keyboard app actually collects your personal data. That message you get when you try to install a new keyboard is a false alarm (and it pops up for every keyboard). All of the major keyboards are safe. My favorite is TouchPal.

4. seanjoe

seanjoe Member
    None

Dec 23, 2011
    Swiftkey X is a good keyboard if your not worried about memory usage. Its a total resource hog. It was using 32megs of my RAM so I deleted it. My ZTE Warp only has 512.