1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Replacement Micro SD Card recommendations?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by subaruzi, Jun 3, 2011.

1. subaruzi

subaruzi Member

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

3. subaruzi

subaruzi Member

I think this is a class 2 card. I use the card to store music and movies. I am not sure what class I should be focusing on or even how much I should expect to be spending.

4. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Android Expert

Honestly, go for it. I have a 32 GB, but I keep a SL of music on mine to go with my Power Amp player that doubles as a phone. :-D

5. Riverman

Riverman Well-Known Member

Class 2 should be fine, and would probably be better for a phone than a class 6, 8, or 10. Higher class numbers have faster burst rates, but at the expense of random read/write speeds. Our phones tend to read and write lots of small files, and not as many huge ones.

6. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

7. colchiro

Cool. Did you read the comments by Oliver? :D

8. Bowslayer

Bowslayer Well-Known Member

I have 4g left on my factory installed 16g card( mostly music)
    Would a 32g card do anything to make my phone run faster or make it more responsive? Or would I be spending money for nothing?

9. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Android Expert

Honestly not sure if it works the same as a full hard drive on a computer. Hopefully someone smarter than I can chime in on that part. As for me, I've never notved a lag and I have about 6 GB left.

10. lemodular

lemodular Well-Known Member

Are you Oliver? lol.

11. colchiro

I wouldn't bother unless you're running out of space, your current card is failing or the new card is a LOT faster.

Nope. I've posted links to the same benchmark tho. :D

12. Bowslayer

Bowslayer Well-Known Member

Id hate to think having 4g free is running low on space. And seriously dont think I know that many more songs I like to fill up the rest of it. Just kind of hung up on Windows mentality I guess.( more free memory= faster performance)
    Thanks for the feedback

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews