• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Replacement N1 - how to pull 2.2.1?

I got a replacement Nexus One yesterday and it came with 2.2 installed. My original N1 had an OTA update to 2.2.1. How do I pull a new 2.2.1 update? I have searched but the one link reported to have the update is no longer valid:
http://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRG83-from-FRF91.c8847c98.zip

So will my new N1 eventually automatically get an OTA, or does Google think I already have my OTA, or what? I guess I'll try to contact HTC and see what the story is.

Even more annoying is that the replacement didn't fix the problem, which is that my Nexus One DOESN'T WORK AT THE OFFICE anymore. At first I thought it was because I dropped the phone (actually, it was knocked out of my hand on the airport bus by a clumsy person who let go of their suitcase). So I was glad to get a warranty replacement for free. But the new phone, just like the original one, doesn't get signal. Wifi still works, albeit Marketplace downloads are erratic and don't always work.

All I have to do is step outside the building and voila! 3G and voice service returns. This has been since 2 weeks ago. Any clues about this would also be most welcome!

A (mostly happy but currently aggravated) Nexus One owner since January '10

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones