1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Replacement phone, apps on SD card lost

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SamFen, Jun 13, 2011.

1. SamFen

SamFen Member
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    I know there have been several threads on this topic, but none of them seem to be quite the problem I have, and the ones that seemed to be the same ended without a solution.

I had a Moto Droid, Android v. 2.2.2, non-rooted. I had "moved" 90% of my applications to the SD card. I did this manually, and I never used any backup software. (I didn't even understand the point -- why backup to the SD card if they were already on the SD card or on my account?)

My phone's screen broke. They sent me an identical replacement.

Before booting up my replacement, I inserted my old, undamaged SD card. I then logged in with the same Google account. My photos and music were there. Soon my phone started download my apps.

However, it only downloaded the 10% of apps that I hadn't moved to the SD card. 90% of my apps were missing.

I downloaded Astro filemanager, since I heard I could use it to "restore" my apps, but I guess since I never backed them up it couldn't do that.

I went to my online account and saw all my old apps. I re-downloaded one of them as a trial, but it downloaded as if it were completely new -- it didn't find my old data.

My questions are:

1) Is there any way to find my old apps on my SD card, and install them directly from the SD card? I'd prefer not to root my phone.

2) If not, is there a way to re-download all my missing apps such that my old application data remains?

And why-oh-why didn't it just re-download the apps properly the first time? Is "move to SD card" broken? Did they forget about reloading apps on the SD card?

Thanks for any help,
    Sam

Advertisement

2. beboyle

beboyle Newbie
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    The apps are on the SD card but your phone doesn't know about them because the info it needs to find them was on the internal memory. Have you tried going into the Market and selecting "My apps" from the menu? That should show you everything you've downloaded and you can reinstall without having to pay again. I don't know if it will recover the data from the SD card when they install, but it's worth trying.

3. SamFen

SamFen Member
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    It does show them, yes, but it doesn't recover the saved application data. For certain apps this is a pretty big loss.

There's no clever application that will find the apps on the SD card and "remind" the phone that they're there?

4. stevenn21

stevenn21 Newbie
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    I wish i had your problem.
    i used to have homerun battle 3d version 1.2.3 but decided to upgrade to version 1.5.4 thats when the problems started.
    when i uninstalled the older version i installed the new one without any issues but when i tap items it says:

"The device information was sucessfully retrieved. This process will be skipped from now on. Accept"

"restore........ restoring only cash items if you want to restore goldball items play match-up game once."
    then it says:

"sorry the application homerun battle 3d (process com.com2us,HB3D) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again. FORCE CLOSE"

i tried setting up adb to try sort the issue but was unable to.
    I tried for hours diffrent methods and drivers but it wasnt haperning for me so adb is not an option.
    i have factory reset my phone at least 6 times and even unmounted usb memory and deleated it as it askes you if you want to do this at factory reset.
    i deleated everything off my sd card as well
    so then i reinstall the homerun battle 3d version 1.5.4
    and i get:

"The device information was sucessfully retrieved. This process will be skipped from now on. Accept"

"restore........ restoring only cash items if you want to restore goldball items play match-up game once."
    then it says:

"sorry the application homerun battle 3d (process com.com2us,HB3D) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again. FORCE CLOSE":mad:

5. DannyMichel

DannyMichel Lurker
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    you ever get this fixed?