1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Replacement phone has blown ear piece

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fascinated, Dec 20, 2011.

1. fascinated

fascinated Well-Known Member

I'm just recently received a replacement incredible 2 from Verizon. The first one I had the wi-fi quit working all together. This one's ear piece sounds completely blown at higher call volumes...like half way to three quarters of the way turned up.

Is this common with this phone?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. valorian

valorian Android Expert

No, I don't think this is common at all. I follow three forums and this is the first time I've read about this happening.

3. nikon858

nikon858 Lurker

I just received a replacement because my phones earpiece was blown..so it's not unheard of.

4. patlaf

patlaf Lurker

My speaker blew also. I replaced it myself instead of getting someone else's problem using the insurance. I got the parts from:

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Speaker Replacement Guide

they have some pretty good video on how to do it. finding the small torx and phillips wasn't easy but they sell them both. it is quite a process to get tothat speaker. dealing with those small ribbon cables were challenging. the plastic pry bar they supply was quite helpful though.

5. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

Wowzer, hats of to you!
    I would just return it. Get a replacement. If the replacement was bad I'd blow m top at the VZ rep until I got a "new" replacement.

6. copestag

copestag Android Expert

gotta say I agree with your point of view on this one.......... send in a brand new phone because it has a minor issue........ get back some piece of crap "refurb" that could have all kinds of problems....... send that back get another junk "refurb"........ and that cycle continues until you blow your top to get a "new" phone which is actually just a junk "refurb" with a different name on the case

if you got the time and patience to do the repairs yourself........ its always the better way to go

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews