1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Replacement phone. HELP, please.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by kinnychaconas, Aug 12, 2010.

1. kinnychaconas

kinnychaconas New Member

Aug 12, 2010
    N/a
    Virginia
    After hopelessly trying to figure this out for myself I gave up and decided to come here.

So, I got my replacement phone for my Motorola android today and after researching how to save text messages and apps and contacts i came across App Saver, Sms backup and restore. I then continued to download these both on my old phone. I used them both, almost positive, correctly. My problem being I now can not find where to restore all of this information on my new phone. I still have my old phone since I have not sent it back yet and I have been switching my sd card and battery in between the two trying to figure this out. I can change/edit information on my old phone if needed. I really just need help, a lot. My text messages that are saved are extremely important, a lot more worried about them then having to reinstall apps. To my understanding though I had to download the app saver application in order for the backup and restore application to work. Also, i backed up my contacts just by export/import option. I just now imported them but they didn't show up? Help with this, if possible. THANK YOU in advance :)

I guess if I just knew how to retrieve saved data on my sd card I would be set.
    sorry, I am new to this and realized I originally posted this in the wrong forum /:

Advertisement

2. faber78

faber78 Guest

can you not put the sd card into your computer and save them temporarily until you learn to move them over; assuming you are needing to get rid of the old phone.