1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Replacement phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Erik-_-Chavez, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Erik-_-Chavez

Erik-_-Chavez Well-Known Member

What happens if you don't send in the faulty phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. prrep

prrep Well-Known Member

They will close your account. And you will never be able to activate either one of the phones. "This is what they tell you when you call for a replacement (RMA)".

Erik-_-Chavez likes this.
  3. Erik-_-Chavez

How do they make the phones not useable? What if the phone is rooted s-off and everything.

4. Kahroo

Kahroo Android Expert

Doesn't matter. You can't call from it or send any texts. Your account will be closed.

And doesn't the ESM get registered as bad?

5. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

An unlocked bootloader isn't the same thing as being carrier unlocked, your phone is tied to Virgin Mobile, you have 14 days to return your defective phone and then they will suspend your account and neither phone will be able to be activated. Which is pretty cool, most carriers require you to send your phone in and then they ship you a replacement or else they temporarily charge you to cross ship the replacement and refund you when they get the old phone. Virgin ships your replacement with 2-3 days delivery.

6. Erik-_-Chavez

I have to unroot it to return it right.

7. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

No, Virgin doesn't care about root, I've returned 6 Triumphs that were all rooted. When they get it back the first thing that they do is reflash the phone to make troubleshooting easier and to remove any customer information on the phone. Now if you brick your phone while trying to root that's one thing but if the screen stops working on my phone it being rooted has nothing to do with it.

8. Erik-_-Chavez

Oh OK thanks. That's awesome. I don't have to go through the trouble of unrooting.