1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Replacement ?'s and HELP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HOTHEAD, Feb 2, 2011.

1. HOTHEAD

HOTHEAD Well-Known Member

Just received my replacement D1, is there a way to have the market automatically reinstall all my old apps? I thought that I had read somewhere that they were all linked to my gmail so they would automatically update and restore.(paid & free)

Also, I was rooted before, when I returned the phone, I transfered everything on my SD card to a folder on my desktop, & unrooted. I am by no means "techy", what will happen if I just transfer everything that was on the card to this new card? I know I have to be careful of the update.zip file, but what about all the other folders and files? I don't even remember the root process, so back to the forums I go.

Thanks
    Regards
    HOTHEAD

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Droid Fireman

Droid Fireman Newbie

Apps and contacts will reload automatically if you have your phone synchronized to your account. Try menu>settings>accounts & sync. Add your gmail account if its not there. Everything should reload for you.

Get all your apps back first then copy/paste the SD files back to your phone. I would delete all of the update.zip files if it was me.

I rooted, went back to stock for 2.2, then used easyroot to reroot after trying 2.2 for a while. Its a paid app and worth the one click root. I hear z4root is good too. Good luck!

3. bigtankusa1

bigtankusa1 Lurker

When i got my replacement droid 1 only the paid apps came back....

4. Droid Fireman

Droid Fireman Newbie

That's odd. At least you aren't out what you paid for them. A bit frustrating though I'm sure.

5. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast Android Enthusiast

Use appbrain. It syncs ALL your apps, as well as letting you browse apps online, and simply Push them to your phone.

6. Waldo

Waldo Member

I've had a replacement I had to get my own apps back. Even the purchased ones didn't re download but those are saved to your gmail account so its in your "my apps" section of the market

7. bigtankusa1

bigtankusa1 Lurker

How do you save them in your g mail account.....i have my to sync but it don't do my apps .....thats odd

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews