1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Replacement Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zakatak306, Nov 29, 2012.

1. zakatak306

zakatak306 Newbie
    None

Mar 15, 2010
    Just a question for fellow Galaxy Nexus users on the Verizon's network, how many phones have you went through? Also, did they offer you another make/model to replace it

Edit: I guess I should say how many CLN devices have you guys been through?

Advertisement

2. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Male
    Programmer
    Columbia, SC
    Back before I dumped Verizon they sent me like 5 or 6 before they gave me a rezound.

My understanding is that they finally found and fixed the one way audio and low signal issues with it?

3. duckfeet

duckfeet Newbie
    None

Feb 20, 2012
    SoCal
    Well, I"ve been thru 'one' I guess you'd say: this is my second. I had bought a google nexus one--google's first hardware sale--and this is my replacement...the reason I had to send it back, was that the screen (battery cover) on the back, just didn't seem to fit right...kind of like those cartoons, where you push down one side of something, and it pops up somewhere else...well, that's how my screen was...it would 'almost' fit...and then pop up somewhere.

Main problem was, that when phone got here, I didn't mess with it for a couple weeks, I was kind of moving up to L.A., so by the time I got to swapping phones and notice the screen problem, I"d passed the 2week, or fifteen day 'grace' period that google gave, so I had to go straight to Samsung, tho google, as always had friendly sympathetic workers there...but no new phone....

So samsung had me send it in, and replaced the screen or phone--I didn't know which--and I've been messing with it ever since. I got the gingerbread update, again, today, so I"m at android 4.2.1. Works good, some 'getting use to' but no complaints...kind of stuff like 'screen not fitting' I figure is just luck of the draw... :)

4. rezeew

rezeew Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Tech Support
    Boston, MA
    I just got my second one. The headphone jack was messed up. Might have been my fault even, but Verizon didn't care and sent me a replacement immediately.

5. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    Original phone.

6. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
  7. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 14, 2009
    I've been away from these forums for a few months. Anyone experience overheating, or audio cutting out, bluetooth generally cutting out? I don't plan to return mine..but these issues have made my phone unusable at times unless I reboot about 1 or 2 times.

8. zakatak306

zakatak306 Newbie
    None

Mar 15, 2010
    I can't speak for the Bluetooth and audio cutting out as I don't use those features frequently, but the overheating is common with mine. This is my 6th gnex since launch day, and the heating is worse on this one than others. There are times that I can't bear to have it in my pocket it is so hot.

9. sonnysideup

sonnysideup Newbie
    None

Dec 13, 2009
    Number 6 for me.. hopefully this is the lucky one

First one: Broken ear piece
    2nd: fine until I put JB on it and it ran impossibly slow
    3rd: bad screen
    4th: impossibly slow, over heating,
    5th: bad screen
    6th: Just arrived today. Will update after a week or so but so far so good.

I wish they would replace it with an S3 already, lol.

10. zakatak306

zakatak306 Newbie
    None

Mar 15, 2010
    Yeah I know, I wish they'd just send me a s3 also. I've had issues with my current one(6th replacement) but I had 3 out and they wouldn't send me another until they received all 3. This one the connection sucks with data/voice. My friend managed to get a s3 after his 3rd replacement. So maybe we will get lucky at some point.

11. superflybribri

superflybribri Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Male
    Architect
    New Jersey

I just got mine replaced yesterday. They sent me another Galaxy Nexus without hesitation. I got the replacement for increased frequency of random reboots.

12. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert
    None

Jan 9, 2010
    Restaurant Owner and Chef
    Denver
    I had my launch day nexus up until 2weeks ago and now I'm on my 2nd refurbished one and I'll be having it replaced too. 1st one had a bad headphones jack the 2nd one has a weird looking screen. Last time I was in I asked about getting a diffrent model like the s3 and they told me I'd have to go through at least 3 refurbs first. I but honestly I'd rather have a perfectly working nexus then an s3.
    My original nexus was a better phone then both refurbished ones they've sent me

13. NexusTootsie

NexusTootsie Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 16, 2011
    deadbeat
    ct
    my 3rd and I'm about to do numero 4 because suddenly my message keyboard is jumping around which is software, and it's making me dizzy. I installed that stupid elephant evernote software recently which constantly updates on all my devices and I wonder if that's it. ugh.

14. sonnysideup

sonnysideup Newbie
    None

Dec 13, 2009
    Update!

Finally got VZW to give me an S3. My most recent one was over heating beyond all belief. Called them this afternoon, they said another Nexus or goto the store (because it was overheating, they wanted it replaced ASAP).. I said I would go this weekend.. This evening, I called again because the overheating sucked (105-115 degrees). First person hooked me up with tech support.. tech support gave me a super... they said they would replace it with a 16gb model (no biggy because it has the sd card slot).

yes it will be a CPO, but I hope I'm good for now on.

took 6 replacements, but I got an S3. It's been real Nexus users, but I jumped ship :)

15. zakatak306

zakatak306 Newbie
    None

Mar 15, 2010
    Its good to hear you're getting a phone that you'll hopefully have better luck with. The irritating part of your story of getting a s3 for me is that Verizon tech support(tier 2) told me that they are not allowed to switch different models unless they're completely out. Which I know is false. Going through quite a few myself I'd just like something that I will have a better chance of getting a less buggy phone.

16. sonnysideup

sonnysideup Newbie
    None

Dec 13, 2009
    In all fairness to VZW, level 2 support told me the same thing.. I then asked if I could get my bill comped a bit because I've had so many issues, they connected me with a customer service super, who I explained the story to and gave two options, replace with an s3 or comp my bill. Well, they took option 1, like any sane person would. No cost to them really for the phone or $200+ comped on a bill. Joking with the customer service people the whole time helped too.

17. zakatak306

zakatak306 Newbie
    None

Mar 15, 2010
    I'll have to give that a try. This current nexus is slower than s*** when it comes to doing anything over the internet. Thanks for the input

18. Demache

Demache Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm still on my first since March. :D

19. fed123

fed123 Newbie
    None

Dec 16, 2011
    First since launch day in December of 2011.

20. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Android Expert
    None

Mar 15, 2010
    Male
    Data Analyst
    Phoenix, AZ
    Been having serious radio connectivity issues on my G-Nex, finally called in to complain about it last week. Random times my phone will drop data altogether, 3G and 4G both. Other times it drops all connections, voice and data.

First CLN Verizon sent out got sent back. Screen had color issues in which the blacks looked purple instead of black.

Second CLN Verizon sent out kept looping from the Google logo to the Android Recovery screen. Sure I could have used the stock image files from Google and probably recovered the phone myself but also, and this is me being picky, the power button was completely flush with the phone, so I called back and told them about the issues with the CLN and they are sending me out another one.

CLN my butt. Hopefully this next one works out better. :)

Tags: