1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Replacement

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jesuscalle, Aug 3, 2010.

1. jesuscalle

jesuscalle Member

Jul 11, 2010
    I had a CSR place an order for a replacement Droid X since mine restarts about 10 times a day by itself. They lady told me that it will not ship until the 18th and asked if i had a phone i could use till then. I asked if i could just use the X i have now until i get the other one but she told me no because i wont receive the new one until the 30 day worry free guarantee is over so they will have to charge me full retail price if i dont send it back immediately. She told me that there will be a prepaid shipping label with the new X but since i have to send it back before i receive it I'm going to have to pay for shipping. And she told me that i need to send the upc label but i sent that out for the mail in rebate and i told her i that and she said to just send it back with the phone.. What should i do about that since i do not have it anymore? any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Roxors

Roxors Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    USAF
    Where i am told
    The 30day worry free guarantee is to just give back your phone and get a totally different model or just your money back. There is a 1 year maufacture warrenty on all new phones.

Call back and talk to a different CSR and see what they say, if they tell you the same thing mention the manufacture warrenty. Then ask to speak to a manager if they can't help you then cause that just means they are stupid.

3. mysterygirl

mysterygirl Active Member

Jul 22, 2010
    I also had to place an order for a replacement, but was not told the same thing. I did it in the Verizon store and was told to keep the current phone until the replacement is sent. I should be sent a brand new phone by 8/18 (after my 30 days expires, BTW), with a box and shipping label to return the current phone. No additional charges necessary.

4. Roxors

Roxors Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    USAF
    Where i am told
    yeah any CSR that says the 30 days applies cause your phone is Jacked is jacked themselves...

Good luck