1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support replacements for the google pictures and music apps htc 10

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AoutoCooper, Oct 11, 2017.

1. AoutoCooper

AoutoCooper Lurker
    None

Oct 11, 2017
    hey people !
    TL;DR: need help getting htc gallery and music app on my htc 10

i just bought the htc 10 today, upgrading from my beloved htc m8 (who broke unfortunately) and i can't help but wonder why would htc remove their gallery and music apps..
    to me google's alternative is unusable almost. it doesn't download album art, it's glitch-y and twitchy and has a lousy interface. same goes for their pictures app.
    i'd love going back to htc's apps but i can't download them on my phone ("not available in this version") and when i installed the apks they just crash on start up.
    i'd really love to have those apps back, can anybody link a working apk? the sense keybpard would also be great :)

p.s. recommended third party free and ad-free apps would also be great

thanks, have a good day!

Advertisement

2. WiseManWhite

WiseManWhite Lurker
    None

Nov 12, 2017
    Smartphone Consultant
    Ohio
    I tired using the old HTC gallery app too, but received an error :(. The developer of my favorite Reddit app just released a gallery app called Optic. It's in the beta stage but it's very nice and only asks for one permission.

It can store albums in a Vault with fingerprint security and stops others from swiping with SwipeLock Technology

3. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 18, 2016

For your music app I recommend PowerAMP music player and as for your photo app there are so many that I can't count them all. But I recommend your stock photo app because its surely not to have ads embedded.

HTC 10

The HTC 10 is a flagship smartphone by the Taiwanese company. Announced April 12th and available May 2016, the HTC 10 features a full metal unibody design with unique chamfered edges. It was the world's first device with optical image stabilization on both the front and rear cameras.