1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Replacing all of the stock sfx with my own possible?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ninefourtyfive, Sep 23, 2014.

1. ninefourtyfive

Hello everyone i was just wondering if it was possible to customize the system sounds that come stock with the galaxy s3? I am a sound designer and the stock sounds are good awful and anoying as hell. I am trying to find out and edit every possible sound that can be edited on the galaxy s3. I have my device rooted and have superuser and all that, but for the life of me I cant fiqure out how to change these sounds!!!! Please help and thank you and I thank you all I advanced

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jaymzway

jaymzway Android Enthusiast

U mean like ringtones notifications? They r located. System/media/audio...... make the folder read n write find mp3 u like n paste it in that folder n done

I'am sorry you can also just use a root file manager and go to the music you like and press the menu button and choose save as Ringtone thats the fastest way... sorry I didn't add that in there as well.
    Thank u sepero

Sepero likes this.
  3. jaymzway

Did this work for u kind sir thank u

4. ninefourtyfive

Yeah I guess that will do it then! i did not even have a browser on my phone till just now and I found that is the only dir/ to get to all the sfx! I guess from here I can just rename them and replace. Is there any documentation at all that can help me find out what they all belong to? I notice about 20 percent of them only. Thanks!

jaymzway likes this.
  5. jaymzway

But remember dont rename any of the folders in there cause then your phone will be like hua gets confused n every time it goes to that directory it will throw errors force close could happen.
    I imaging u can add folders but becarefull along the way like try backing up everything first then apply 1 at a time so if it messes up u can recover from it n proceed I hope this works for ya if u need any more please feel free to ask n I can also help u in the boot animations as well means ur already would be in that folder media

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews