1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Replacing Hero

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dan18ny, Aug 15, 2011.

1. dan18ny

dan18ny Member

Dec 7, 2010
    My hero has had a really cracked screen for a long time and without insurance, I have been reluctant to pay to get it fixed.But now with this open enrollment, I am hoping the Hero has been phased out and when I file a claim, to get an upgrade :D.

Has anyone heard of anyone getting an upgrade for their busted Hero?

Advertisement

2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    You might get a refurbished Sprint HTC Hero. I am not sure if they would outright upgrade you to a newer handset, but they might.

If they did give you an upgrade, it would probably be to one of the more recent lower end handsets. I would try and select one that has a good development community if rooting and ROM flashing are your scene.

dan18ny likes this.
  3. schmeekim

schmeekim New Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I was in a Palm Pixi handset with Sprint and they replaced the phone 3 times in 3 months (refurb) and the last time I went in with the phone in my hand again, they told me I was not getting another Palm... they would replace it with a HTC Hero.... So, I would assume you would be getting a refurb HTC Hero and not an upgrade handset.;)

dan18ny likes this.
  4. dan18ny

dan18ny Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Thanks for the info fellas. I am going to sprint today and see what they can do for me. Hopefully things will work out for me somehow and I'll walk out with an HTC EVO 4G :)

5. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Honolulu
    1 months ago 1 week before Evo3d release - My Hero Shot Craps.
    Took it in - got a nice Refurbed hero.
    DOUBT you get an Evo.....im just sayin'

You could....always ask them to Give you the early upgrade - Best Buy and the Shack are giving away Evos...

or....if you wan a new phone....buy one.

Tags: