• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replacing iTunes - anybody try this combo?

Upvote 0
I use the playlists I create in foobar2000 and just save them as .m3u (foobar2000 has that option) and copy it to the SD card. It's not exactly automated like iTunes is, but hey, it's pretty damn manageable and I get to continue using the best music player in the world instead of iTunes or a clone of it. I don't think I can plug foobar2000 enough, it's a true gem of software. :)

Also, I thought bTunes used to be free. It's paid now?

Upvote 0
I'm having a hard time figuring exactly how Salling Media Sync and Double Twist differ. From what I can infer, I THINK Salling just acts as a translator between iTunes and your Droid, Double Twist acts as a iTunes replacement?

Am I on track here?

Sailing Media Sync duplicates the files that are in iTunes and transfers them to your Droid (and also keeps them in sync). It also does the same with your photos in iPhoto, and podcasts and audio books. Double Twist only does some of this.

Reactions: s1njin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones