1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Replacing iTunes for my Galaxy.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bizzie, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Bizzie

Bizzie Member
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    Leicester, UK.
    Hey guys.. I used to use iphone but went to the far superior Android and im loving it.

But my biggest issue is having my media sync how i want it.

I basically want one program (Would stretch to 2 programs, 1 for music 1 for everything else if necessary) that'll do my photos/videos/music, like iTunes does but i don't want to use iTunes any more.

Samsung kies works ok for me, but it doesn't feature all the features i would like, plus it doesn't sync the playlists or album art over to the phone.

I have been testing Media Monkey, Win Amp and Double Twist, all seem like reasonable programs but each have limitations in one area or the other, and i don't like the idea of paying for a program when there are free ones available which i can use if i really have to.

I am a little OCD with my music collections, i need Album art if possible, Playlists, Song titles, artist all in a neat and tidy way. (one program imported 1 album into my phone, but for some reason it listed it as 6 different albums under the same name with 1/2 songs in each 'album')

I would really like trouble-free syncing with Windows Media player if possible, as i am planning on building my whole music collection again due to iTunes useless music organisation which bugs the hell out of me!

also if there is any way around Kies playlist issues so i can sync my music through there with playlists then that would be fine for me, but i cant seem to find valid articals on this - always seems to be older versions.

Sorry if this post is confusing, i am confused myself with trying to get my media sorted in a comfortable way, i am also sorry for making yet another thread on syncing music, i just cant seem to find good answers for all of my problems.

Thanks for reading, i hope somone has an answer for my problems :eek:

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    You might want to take a look at iSyncr. I've never used it, but it was recommended to me for a thread I created a while back.

Bizzie likes this.
  3. Bizzie

Bizzie Member
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    Leicester, UK.
    Looks like I'll have to use this and iTunes if i cant find a replacement, but i would still like to replace iTunes altogether. :)

4. bluechill

bluechill Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    iSyncr isn't really an iTunes replacement in that sense, it is more of an app that allows you to sync your music (with play counts, skip counts, album art, ratings) with your phone.

I've been using it for my past 3 Android phones, and I've to say it's excellent for me!

5. Bizzie

Bizzie Member
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    Leicester, UK.
    Yup, i know it isn't to replace it, but that'swhat my original post was for. I wanted a complete replacement for iTunes to use with my phone. I'm sorry if i wasn't very clear. :)

Just wish Google made their own Media player that syncs lovely with Android devices.... c'mon Google, you got everything else out there :)

6. simes6600

simes6600 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 23, 2011
    Northern Ireland
    I could never get isynch to sync my iTunes playlists with the stock android music player, but with the player pro app, it worked great.

7. bluechill

bluechill Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    Then I think DoubleTwist desktop + android app might be what you're looking for! I've never tried it, but the reviews seem pretty good :)

8. Bizzie

Bizzie Member
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    Leicester, UK.
    I just downloaded Double Twist app, i havnt tried to sync anything properly with it yet, but to get all the features they are offering it at 10% off, still works out at

9. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    airsync (double twist) seems to be the best, i picked it up from the giveaway earlier this month where it was only 10p
    unfortunately its utterly useless to me as i dont use itunes

10. Medion

Medion Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    Male
    Auburn, WA
    Some of the top programs used for Android music syncing are;

-MediaMonkey (I use this, but it's not for everyone)
    -Songbird (open source, free, and a companion Android app available)
    -MusicBee (open source, free, and the flavor of the moment for the music community)

11. shawn222

shawn222 Member
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    What about trying google music? It won't do your pictures and other stuff but will take care of the music side for you. Right now it's only available in the US, but there are ways around that.

12. Bizzie

Bizzie Member
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    Leicester, UK.
    Thank you, will give them a shot. :)

Well, i wanted a program to replace iTunes for my PC listening too, so using something web based isn't an option.

But thanks for the advice, appreciated :)

13. matttye

matttye Android Expert
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Senior Legal Secretary
    Lincoln, England
    Why don't you want to use iTunes? It seems like you're asking for apps to replace iTunes, but you want those apps to have similar features?

14. Bizzie

Bizzie Member
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    Leicester, UK.
    Well i wanted something more Android friendly, like iTunes & iPhone go together, i thought Kies + Galaxy would be the best thing to use. Then i realised Kies doesn't organise my stuff the way i like it. So i set out to look for an Android specific pair. I am re-building my music library due to iTunes organisation being completely useless so i thought i may as well re-build it with something new and fresh.

15. matttye

matttye Android Expert
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Senior Legal Secretary
    Lincoln, England
    If you turn off the option that allows iTunes to manage your music you can rearrange the folders, id3 info etc however you like, or allow a piece of third party software to do it, then just load it into iTunes once you've sorted it out.

iTunes is the best software for syncing stuff I've ever used..I'd suggest you use it and just use another bit of software to arrange your music how you want it.

16. Bizzie

Bizzie Member
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    Leicester, UK.
    Well.. after trying all of the above i think iTunes will be where i'll stay. I will edit my music collection manually (Prefer it that way) and just start a fresh iTunes library.

Its a shame as some of the other programs just seem to have only little bits missing here and there otherwise they'd be great.

17. Bizzie

Bizzie Member
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    Leicester, UK.
    Just tried trial, and even though i have to use iTunes, it does what i want so i'm going to stick with it. (buying full app when i have re-organised my music)

Cheers. :)

18. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Good stuff, glad you've found a solution.