1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

replacing motherboard on my phone

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by xCor3x, Aug 17, 2017.

1. xCor3x

xCor3x Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2017
    I'm going to replace the motherboard on my lg optimus f6. I've bought all the parts and can do not no problem. my question is will this leave the phone blank with none of the existing data? Or will I be able to have all my prior data including logins and what ever?
    the phone will not turn on Or charge I've tried a new battery and I also bought a new charging port to install. should I try just the charging port first? or go ahead and do both. I have account on there I wish to access but need that phone to work to do so.
    Any advice would be appreciated....

Advertisement

2. Fox Mulder

VIP Member

Feb 19, 2012
    NYC
    You would need to back up everything on the phone's internal memory since that is on the motherboard and will be replaced. If you have an SD card it can be removed and replaced afterward with everything still on it. Not sure what the point is though, the F6 while a nice phone in its day is rather outdated now with Android Jellybean and limited internal memory. For the cost and effort of this repair you could find a good used example of a more recent and up-to-date device.

3. xCor3x

xCor3x Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2017
    I own a S8+ thay isbthe phone inuse everyday. But there is data I need to recover off the LG it's self. it will not turn on or charge. I bought another battery and external charger but even with a full battery it still won't turn on. Any idea what could be causing the stated issue?

4. Fox Mulder

VIP Member

Feb 19, 2012
    NYC
    Well it's hard to accurately diagnose it over the internet. But if you've got a known good and fully charged battery it does sound like a hardware failure on the main board. Unfortunately if that is the case there really isn't a DIY procedure to recover the on-board data. There may be places you can send it to that will be able to recover the data for a fee, but that fee is going to be unrealistically high for a device in a totally dead state.

5. xCor3x

xCor3x Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2017
    Ok thank you. I've already order the parts so I might as well try and see if replacing the charhingnport helps.
    the problem started by the phone getting hard to charge and then eventually it just wouldnt charge at all. I'll times with it maybe I can get it going if not it's a learning experience. once again thank you

6. psionandy

psionandy Android Expert

Dec 5, 2009
    Male
    Gizmonic Institute - mug in a yellow jumpsuit
    liverpool
    Important reminder to backup important data before the phone dies....