• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replacing my Eris

JLM

Mar 21, 2011
I've had my Eris for almost 2 years now and have been happy with it's performance. It was my first smart phone, so i've been able to learn a thing or 2 about how they work and what to expect. I've been wanting something a bit more robust and with a larger screen. I don't want to shell out what the Razr is going for, so cost is somewhat of a factor. I want to be able to root it and do all the other fun things I've learned. I also want to be able to tether. That all being said, does anyone have a good suggestion as to what I should replace it with and can list some qualifying reasons? I'd like to keep the phone cost under $180.00. My wife also has an Eris, but isn't anywhere near phone savvy, so a suggestion for a replacement for her would be appreciated also...replacement phone, not wife :D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones