1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Replacing Samsung Galaxy Note Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BrokenCarr00t, Dec 24, 2013.

1. BrokenCarr00t

BrokenCarr00t Lurker
    None

Dec 24, 2013
    Hej what's up!
    I bought my Samsung Galaxy Note White not long ago. But i drop some metal thing on it and screen went broken. It was working couple hours i could use it , it was hard to see because screen was broken but all things like touch , typing etc was working. So after about 10 hours after i broke it my screen went half black, then the next day it was all dark so i cant use it anymore cause i dont see nothing, but mobile works anyway , i can use voice control i can listen to music, like everything , just i cant see something. So replacing screen in store here in Sweden can be pretty expensive. So i was wondering to fix it by myself. I was plaining to buy fron glass for it and change it . Of course this should be very easy if i can see on screen even if is screen broken, but i cant see something so can i fix it anyway by myself and what to do ? Also can i use samsung galaxy note 2 screen on my note 1 ?

Sry for bad english !
    Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    If the front glass is broken, you have to replace the screen and the glass (and maybe the digitizer). If you do it yourself and cause a problem inside the phone (almost EVERYONE who tries to do it himself and isn't experienced working on cellphones damages the phone when replacing the screen), it's going to cost you a lot more to get the phone fixed than you saved by not paying to get the screen fixed.

But it's your choice - you can try it if you like high-risk situations.

There's a saying in English - penny wise and pound foolish. It means you're saving pennies while wasting pounds (dollars, Kroner, whatever). Do you replace the pistons in your car engine yourself, or do you pay a mechanic to do it? (Working on the inside of a cellphone requires a bit more knowledge than working on a car.)

3. BrokenCarr00t

BrokenCarr00t Lurker
    None

Dec 24, 2013
    So you saying that i damaged digitizer when i not see something ?