1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Replacing screen and housing (need info)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by beepbot, Jul 14, 2011.

1. beepbot

beepbot Newbie

I am interested to refurbish my phone. The screen is scratched, as is the outer casing. I would like to replace both.

My phone's display is fine, it's the scratched screen that I want to replace. I have found LCDs for sale, but I'm under the impression that that is not what I need. Apparently, there is another layer of plastic on top of the LCD (pictured, scroll to bottom): Android Forums - View Single Post - [How-To] Tearing apart your Optimus

I have Googled unsuccessfully, so if anyone has information on 1) how to get the parts (screen and casing) and 2) how to perform the refurb, I would grateful. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. bac22

bac22 Well-Known Member

Best bet would be to find a phone on ebay that's being sold for parts with the parts you want being in good shape. If you send a phone in under warranty for repair, my guess is that they just throw it away and send you a new phone...cost less to do that then to actually repair it.

Unfortunately, not seeing any on ebay yet, but I'm sure they show up from time to time.

lg optimus v | eBay

You could also try contact this ebay seller...maybe they can help you out

usmobileparts items - Get great deals on lcd display screen, iphone 4 items on eBay Stores!

Tags: