• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

replacing touchwiz's email with stock email

Greetings redz71,

While I don't think that there will be any issues, you have to be careful when moving some of the core aspects of the phone because they can be tied together sometimes.

I would suggest rooting the note, renaming the touchwiz email app, not deleting it, and trying the other email app. This way, if something goes wrong, all you have to do is delete the new email, and return the touchwiz email back to its original name.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
holy crap! i did it!!

so here is what i did:

renamed email.apk and email.odex to *.bak.
tried to install googleemail.apk. it installed.
tried to run it, and it it ran. crashed almost immediately. almost locked the phone up, but it recovered.
i backed up the original email.apk before i renamed it, so i ran the restore from root tool box. original email wont run now either :(

so i press forward. i completely uninstall the *.apk.bak files as well as the touchwix exchange services. then installed the excange services from myu Nexus backup... and voila! its working! im tied back into my Gmail and exchange accounts, desktop widget and all!

yay!

man i hope this works stabily (ill need some time to test it of course), but the touchwiz email was just so annoying, always flipping from the unread emails to the ones already read (why would i scroll DOWN to unread emails???)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones