1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Reply to this topicStart new topic Somebody, Help! Unlock codes does not work!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by prokher, Sep 11, 2009.

1. prokher

prokher New Member

Sep 11, 2009
    I bought two HTC Hero on eBay (in UK), they ware marked as unlocked. The first works OK with my operator, but second one asks unlock code. I contacted seller and he gave me unlock code. It doesn't work. I bought unlock code on "www.unlock-now.com" and it is the same code. The phone is locked to orange network.

Here the detailed description of the bug:
    I inserted my local sim card, turn on the device, it asked "SIM network unlock PIN. To make an emergency call... bla bla bla". I entered unlock code I bought and press "unlock" it said "network unlock successful". After that it allows "emergency calls only", and if I try to call somewhere it said "Not registered on network." In "Settings/Wireless controls/" "Mobile network" item is grayed (as well as two above it). Firstly I thought that it is problem with my sim card. I tried two different sim cards (of two differen providers) all the same. If I insert orange sim card everything works excellent. If I reboot device with non-orange simcard inside it asks unlock code again.Actually if I just enter "00000000" it will say "network unlock successful" too, so It looks like this message means nothing.
    Additionally when I restored to factory defaults. It requested unlock code again, after I entered it it print dialog box "Unlocking sim card.." and that is all. I waited for about on 15 minutes - no progress. (

Advertisement

Tags: