• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Report Issues to HTC!

dogun_cazere

Lurker
Jun 28, 2010
Hey guys, just got off the phone with HTC. They were epic...ly bad.

Apparently issues don't get handled if HTC doesn't hear about them 4 times. In my case, I have dialed into Sprint about a dozen times, and reported the same issues every time. HTC had not heard of my issues. This effectively proves that Sprint does not report our issues to HTC, and HTC is apparently okay with that.

Here is the HTC support number:
866-449-8358

Please indicate on this thread that you have called, for what version of the HTC Evo 4g, if you have never rooted your phone, the date which you called, what issues you have reported, so that we can cry foul if they deny having heard of these issues.

Please note that you have done so, here on this thread, so they don't have a leg to stand on when they fail to fix the issues and deny having heard of them.

I'll start:

I called about July 3, 2010, regarding the OTA update pushed on the 28th. My Build Number is 1.47.651.1 CLI95459 release-keys. I have not rooted my phone.

I reported the following issues:
* update script in the OTA update deleted /system/app/Launcher2.apk, failed to remove other traces on the OS.
* I am unable to install a copy of Launcher that originates from a trusted party (as I can't find any), and I want to be able to install the stock android 2.1 launcher again.
* Exchange Sync is occasionally not giving me notification that I have new mail.
* Complained about the changelists for OTA updates being woefully inadequate.

You really think HTC doesn't know about all the issues already? They're just feeding you a line of bull to appease you on the phone! They're getting them returned daily by the truckload. A big example of this is the screen seperation. The gadgets sites had reports of this even before launch day. Yet HTC wouldn't acknowledge it for a few weeks and even when they did they said they're unable to duplicate the problem and have no solution!

Upvote 0
You really think HTC doesn't know about all the issues already? They're just feeding you a line of bull to appease you on the phone! They're getting them returned daily by the truckload. A big example of this is the screen seperation. The gadgets sites had reports of this even before launch day. Yet HTC wouldn't acknowledge it for a few weeks and even when they did they said they're unable to duplicate the problem and have no solution!

This. HTC sucks...no better than apple tho, right?

...signal fails from holding....."its a software issue, patch will be coming soon to fix bars" ROFL

Upvote 0
Correct, I do not believe them. So I want us as a community to produce documentation that outs them as liars.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones