• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Report on latest firmware L3

For all those worried about whether or not L3 will work in Europe, worry no more. I have had the ROM installed on my phone for approximately two weeks here in Austria and have had no problems thus far.

With regards to the Keyboard issue, the ROM has samsung IME included and was installed along with the ROM. I have the suspicion that when everything is loaded to the phone, including CSC, the keyboard is loaded after the install scripts are executed
Hey hey hey! That is very good news. Thanks for that! I take it you didn't use the CSC file when flashing?

You know what would be awesome? If you would be kind enough to provide some screen shots of the keyboard (ShootMe is nice for this). I'm curious which languages it supports?

Also: Welcome to the forum! :D

Upvote 0
Hey hey hey! That is very good news. Thanks for that! I take it you didn't use the CSC file when flashing?

You know what would be awesome? If you would be kind enough to provide some screen shots of the keyboard (ShootMe is nice for this). I'm curious which languages it supports?

Also: Welcome to the forum! :D

I have included some screenshots of the keyboard that came with the L3 Firmware. I used Odin to flash my device and used all of the files including the CSC. However I did not do a factory reset after the update and I seem to have gotten the correct keyboard. The only problem is that there is no predictive text for English or German but this is not a problem for me as I never use it as I switch between the two languages frequently

Picasa Web Albums - Dave - L3 Firmware

Click the link to view the images on Picasa Web

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just upgraded from IK4 to IL3, what a difference. This is the fastest and most stable firmware I've tried since II5. Using processor taxing apps like co-pilot live is back to being useful again. Can't believe I stuck with IK4 for so long!
That's it, I'm upgrading.

Ugh, it's completely back to factory; it's a good thing I did a nandroid backup before I flashed. Now I gotta reinstall everything. Hagi, this better be worth it, or I'm coming over to slap you with a large trout!

Okay, so now I've updated to L3, reinstalled drakaz' Recovery (v4.4), and restored my nandroid backup. It seems that I have all my apps and settings, and the firmware is L3.

So far so good! :)
icon14.gif
Now let's see how this thing performs over the next few days...

Upvote 0
That's it, I'm upgrading.

Ugh, it's completely back to factory; it's a good thing I did a nandroid backup before I flashed. Now I gotta reinstall everything. Hagi, this better be worth it, or I'm coming over to slap you with a large trout!

Lol, I'm quivering with anticipation :D

There were a few minor issues with IK4 that really bugged me which have been fixed with IL3 - but to be fair I don't think its a huge advance over II5. Oh - and working out how to set the language back to English involved some fun trial and error menu pressing!

Upvote 0
Felt adventurous and just flashed IL3 on my mobile. Feels very very snappy coming from IK4. And the Lock Key responds much better. More to come as and when I restore my contacts and settings back and start using it...
Hi Abesh,

I am also from India, I am curious if you were able to update to any of custom ROM. I have the fresh galaxy. My mobile shows as Software version (BASEBAND VERSION) : I7500DDII3. is II5 the next update ?

sendil

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones