• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Report your 2.1 OTA error /bugs/complaints here.

I got my update this morning, so far everything seems ok, except the lock button doesnt lock the phone anymore. It unlocks fine. Anyone seen this one yet?

Same here. You responded to my thread, i was saying i cant manualy put it to sleep but you're right - its locking it, not putting it to sleep (whatever that means)
After you unlock but before you drag down to open, can you lock it? I can do it then, just not after dragging down to open.

Upvote 0
Perhaps an application is causing the problem , or use an app to fix? I've tried Lockbot and Lock2.0 and didn't like either one very much.

The lock button will work both ways in the lock screen mode, but once the phone is unlocked, it will not work, very strange. I set my screen timeout to the minimum for now.

Upvote 0
Same here. You responded to my thread, i was saying i cant manualy put it to sleep but you're right - its locking it, not putting it to sleep (whatever that means)
After you unlock but before you drag down to open, can you lock it? I can do it then, just not after dragging down to open.

Yeah i can lock it from the swipe lock screen. But not any other time.

Upvote 0
Have you been waiting patiently for 2.1 to come out OTA, fighting the urge to leak? (Uh... let me rephrase that...)

Were you hoping that the "official" version would be more streamlined and less buggy than the leaks?

Did you finally get the OTA, only to discover that certain things just DON'T WORK?

Annoyed that the stuff Verizon said were included AREN'T THERE AT ALL?

Post it here. Unleash your anger. Feel the force trickle down your leg.

1. Weather app force closes every time.
2. Still camera no longer works on vertical mode.
3. YouTube app works, but the screen is tiny. (just use YouTube Mobile... it works better.)
4. No pinch-to-Zoom in Google Maps (so what, but VZW said it was there)
5. No speech-to-text? At least, I cannot find anything other than search that uses it.
6. Facebook For Android is MANDATORY, YOU CANNOT UNINSTALL THIS CRAP APP.
7. Virtual keyboard text window doesn't really close all the time... don't know how to explain that but try posting comments here from your phone's web browser and see if it happens to you.

Maybe not everyone has the same problems or opinions about annoyances. Post them all here anyway. Just don't start a fight with other members.

"Be careful what you wish,
Be careful what you say
Careful what you wish, you might regret it
Careful what you wish, you JUST MIGHT GET IT"

I'm glad I never wrote any letters to anyone asking them to hurry up.
:mad:

Upgraded from 1.5 to the downloaded 2.1 OTA update. Only 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 are bugs I've noticed.

Upvote 0
Ok i have upgraded as well and i notice all these bugs plus my phone is extremely slow. I have reset it and uninstalled the apps and its still very slow.....better but slow. I use the HTC weather app constantly since i travel for work so that is very annoying. My weather app does not work at all. On the home screen or the app itself. It will load but immediatly say there is no weather available to display.

Upvote 0
I went from 1.5 (non-root) to 2.1 OTA using the manual process.

I have the silent call issue, 50% issue, and a different weather app issue. I hope the silent call issue is not recurring, but from reading around the forums, it doesn't look good.

For me, the weather app just seems to stop working every so often, so on my main screen, I don't get weather information. I have to go in to the weather app directly and reload it. Once I do that, it works fine.

Also, just a heads up for anyone with Exchange Activesync. I had turned on the option to support non-supported devices on my Exchange 2007 server so that I could sync under 1.5 without an unlock passcode. This allowed me to use my unlock pattern and all was good. After the manual OTA update, surprise, surprise, 2.1 supports an unlock passcode. On the first unlock after reconnecting my Exchange Activesync, it starts asking for a passcode. Having never set one, I ended up having to wipe the device and reinstall everything. Lucky for me that's not an issue as I store contacts in my Exchange account, but it might be painful for someone else...

Upvote 0
I had 1.5 & I installed the OTA without any type of modification to the verizon process. Now I'm getting all sorts of force close issues. I have tried deleting unnecessary apps, & multiple reboots.

I try to go into my photo albums & I get: "The application Photos (process com.htc.album) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

When I reboot I get an error msg immediately "The process andriod.proceses.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." & when I press force close I get it again at least twice. & the phone makes beeping noises. I get this msg when I try to access my music & while making phone calls.

Seriously irritating.

Anyone else having these problems?

...but youtube works..... frickin brilliant.

I can get my pics & music off the phone, I'm thinking about wiping it if I don't figure out how to fix these issues, any ideas o brilliant driod users?

Upvote 0
HookEmHorns*UT*:"
icon8.gif

Ok i have upgraded as well and i notice all these bugs plus my phone is extremely slow. I have reset it and uninstalled the apps and its still very slow.....better but slow. I use the HTC weather app constantly since i travel for work so that is very annoying. My weather app does not work at all. On the home screen or the app itself. It will load but immediatly say there is no weather available to display."

I as well had this issue after upgrading from 1.5 to 2.1 OTA manually. What worked for me to solve this was I had auto sync turned off, and when I turned it back on to auto sync it now works great.. hope it helps

Reactions: HookEmHorns*UT*
Upvote 0
HookEmHorns*UT*:"
icon8.gif

Ok i have upgraded as well and i notice all these bugs plus my phone is extremely slow. I have reset it and uninstalled the apps and its still very slow.....better but slow. I use the HTC weather app constantly since i travel for work so that is very annoying. My weather app does not work at all. On the home screen or the app itself. It will load but immediatly say there is no weather available to display."

I as well had this issue after upgrading from 1.5 to 2.1 OTA manually. What worked for me to solve this was I had auto sync turned off, and when I turned it back on to auto sync it now works great.. hope it helps

Thank you this worked!

Upvote 0
Can any of you confirm that a factory reset after getting or installing the OTA has fixed some of these bugs? I've been hearing that from other threads.
I was forced into my factory reset almost immediately after performing the manual OTA upgrade (from 1.5 non-root). All of my problems (silent call, 50%, weather) have been happening since the reset.

Reactions: thenestor
Upvote 0
I had 1.5 & I installed the OTA without any type of modification to the verizon process. Now I'm getting all sorts of force close issues. I have tried deleting unnecessary apps, & multiple reboots.

I try to go into my photo albums & I get: "The application Photos (process com.htc.album) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

When I reboot I get an error msg immediately "The process andriod.proceses.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." & when I press force close I get it again at least twice. & the phone makes beeping noises. I get this msg when I try to access my music & while making phone calls.

Seriously irritating.

Anyone else having these problems?

...but youtube works..... frickin brilliant.

I can get my pics & music off the phone, I'm thinking about wiping it if I don't figure out how to fix these issues, any ideas o brilliant driod users?

Sorry to see so many serious problems after the update.

Did you receive the notification OTA? Or did you update via the posted link here?

Also, this situation seems to call for two things right way: 1. a factory reset, and 2. slowing down and not turning the phone back on for at least one minute following shut down.. that'll let the reboot happen better in some cases.

Reactions: cheyroze
Upvote 0
So now I have dialer lag and the silent call issue.

So from installing the manual OTA I went from a working phone that lagged..

To a:

Laggy (keyboard)
silent call
50% issue
dialer lag
and any other things I listed before...

I hope they rush a patch out.

Went to a verizon store, and they have no knowledge of any issues with the update...

Why don't their engineers read any forums? lol

Upvote 0
Since I upgraded yesterday, Google Voice keeps giving me force close messages. I don't even use it on my phone but want to keep it there for work emergencies. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sorry I don't have more details. It happened a lot last night when I was out and using Maps and a couple of time when in Handcent but I didn't take detailed notes. I will when/if it happens some more.

thanks,
c

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones