1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Req's Kernal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Country Dad, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Country Dad

Country Dad Well-Known Member

OK, so Im holding off on installing a rom as there all still a little shakey, but progress is being made, but will it be ok if I go ahead and download req's kernal with the stock rom? with it do any hard? will it do any good? Just a simple question/ Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jdgui

Jdgui Well-Known Member

stock++ works the best if you know how to delete the bloatware and then add the theme paris released and flash the crt its a killer

3. Country Dad

will do, I shall install it here in a bit

4. Jdgui

Jdgui Well-Known Member

i suggest you get the framework apk from the zip and replace go to the original thread and look at step 13

5. Country Dad

So let me ask you this? How will this make my phone better?

6. Well, my kernel uses the ext4 filesystem as opposed to stock's RFS filesystems, which is leaps and bounds faster than stock. Some people refer to using ext4 as the 'voodoo lagfix'. Also, Stock++ comes with my overclocked kernel, which bumps the phone's processor from 800MHz to 900MHz. Stock++ also allows you to use init.d scripts such as v6 supercharger or smurfed out which can also speed up your phone, improve battery life, etc.

Just give Stock++ a try, you'll notice the difference.

Country Dad likes this.
  7. Country Dad

OK, so O backed everything up. Now when I flash this ( witch a little instruction would help, not a noob, but not a pro/. ) will everything on my phone still work? Data, MMS, Camera? I mean everything! By the way thanks for your help.

8. yes it will work because its basically stock.... but with a big tweak in speed

9. Country Dad

I found my answer. He posted a thread just on that. Thank you tho

10. Country Dad

OK, I have the kernal, and Stock++. Got my phone the way is was before with titanium backup, O yeah im running at 900. :) No Issue, everything works. So now How do I do the V6 supercharger deal, I looked at the page, but there were like 10 links to choose. so what one is it? lol.

11. Grats man. Sorry I didn't respond earlier, finding it kinda hard dividing up my time with work and being a gamer/geek/coder, with work taking the priority today. Finally off though, and playing with CryEngine3 (pretttttyyyy).

Enjoy.

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews