• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Request: Lye Calculator / Recipe saver

Badhbh

Lurker
Jul 15, 2009
I don't' think i'm the only soap maker with a G1 :D
I'd give my eye teeth (or $5) to have a lye calculator. Something that also saves the soap recipes would be fan-freaking-tastic. I'm overrun with scraps pf paper, printouts, and bits of websites with lye percentages. And booting up the computer to get a recipe is kind of a stab in the eye. :p

References to online calculators..
MMS - Lye Calculator
Bramble Berry Soap Making Supplies | Soap Making Lye Calculator
Lye Calculator (This is the best one to go on, IMO)

Thanks all you smartified people! :D

I can't believe (and no I didn't look) that your calculations are all that complex compared to other math/chemistry needs. Check out HandyCalc. It my fave and has been for a long time.

Offers complex calculations easily. Might have to do some work to get it but it saves all problems in a history too. Pretty sweet app.

For recipes...a few options. Simple:
Try AK Notepad, it syncs/backs up to the SD card for safety
Also you could email them to yourself and then Label them Recipes in Gmail and then look them up that way too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones